Traveling Overseas long flights (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm going europe soon and wanted to know, if we allowed to take laptops onto planes and watch DVD movies because i know i'll be on a flight 10 hrs + and wanted suggestions best thing to do when on a long flight, i tend to NOT sleep when i'm on planes so yeah lol, thanks for inputs..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yes you are allowed to take your laptops on planes, just as long as theyre turned off during taxi, take off and landing, and make sure if you have wireless lan, turn that off too

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you are going with Qantas their entertainment system is completely unreliable. Out of the 5 flights myself and people I know have been on in the last month the entertainment system has only worked properly twice. And the problem is if the personal entertainment breaks down they can't show a single movie for the whole plane like the used to, so you are stuck with nothing to do for the entire flight.

HSC
Tulipa said:
They do have movies on the plane you know...

And also depending on which class you're flying and which airline they probably won't have a powerpoint for you to recharge your laptop.
yeah i do know that lol. But i don't think they have what i wanna watch.
prison break 2 :) i download them since we're like behind and i won't mind watching all the episodes on board. And PC games that i'll buy and install.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If you are going with Qantas their entertainment system is completely unreliable. Out of the 5 flights myself and people I know have been on in the last month the entertainment system has only worked properly twice. And the problem is if the personal entertainment breaks down they can't show a single movie for the whole plane like the used to, so you are stuck with nothing to do for the entire flight.
i think i am, but depends on the ticket prices during mid June. I heard Qantas is ass with their Entertainment system. When you were on the flight, was their service good? and what about the food? lol if you don't mind me asking

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you could check the entertainment section in regards to what movies, tv shows and music they have with the airline you are flying

HSC
natstar said:
The longest flight Ive been on was 8-9 hours. Im going to Europe this year too tho.
Many aircrafts today have those individual monitors on the backs of seats that have radio, pretty current movies, nintendo games and stuff...that could keep you entertained for a few hours.
Going by my laptop whose battery only lasts for 2 hours, you can watch movies on them, but theres no where to charge it so they arnt gonna be good for long.
I'm now considering carrying a suitcase full of spare batteries lol.

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
you could check the entertainment section in regards to what movies, tv shows and music they have with the airline you are flying

oh ok, thanks for the suggestions

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
its not that long really, you think it is, but its not. well ive been on an 81 hour train trip, so may be im use to it, but when i flew to LA (roughly 14 hour flight) it wasnt too bad. i did have my ipod and gameboy. i flew Qantas there and back and didnt have any troubles with the entertainment services, although some of the movies were shit!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
81 hr train trip?
wtf? where was this?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Was that international?
I travelled with Qantas on flights between here and Thailand and it was great.
On the flight home though, I slept or read as I had seen the movies I wanted to on the last flight.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
81 hr train trip?
wtf? where was this?
haha from toronto to vancouver, basically across the east of canada all the way to the west. it was meant to be 72 hours, but we had a few delays, which was good, because we saw the rockies during the day and not at night, which we wouldve if we had been on time. it was awesome, meet some great ppl and learnt to play a few card games!

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
natstar said:
Singapore Airlines an that airline is awesome with a v goo entertainment system..highly reccomend it
I'd recommend Singapore Airlnes too. Other good airlines I've been on are Emirates and Cathay Pacific.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
cathay pacific is very good
qantas id have to say is below average
virgin atlantic is better than qantas but not as good as cathay

iamsickofyear12

HSC
cro_angel said:
Was that international?
CSI: CRIMES ™ said:
When you were on the flight, was their service good? and what about the food? lol if you don't mind me asking
To and from LA. Left on the 30th November came home on the 25th December. I thought their service was really good. Food was alright, typical airplane food though so don't expect anything fantastic.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Tulipa said:
Eh considering I've been flying Qantas for the past fourteen or so years International and NEVER had a problem I'd think they were pretty good.
I would of said the same thing until recently.

jazzmuzik

HSC
call me old fashioned...but you could take a book :)

buy a magazine
and take your ipod for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)