tre iphone released in AU July 11 (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The_highwayman said:
apparently the optus pricing info gizmodo was given was 'wrong' according to optus. they didn't elaborate though.

also, Vodaphone has a pre-register system up now. no pricing info, but at least u dont have to lay down $100 for it (even though the $100 is refundable through optus)
Well unless they have specific iPhone plans the $79 = $300 doesn't match their normal cap deals, so yeh.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i just pre-registered with vodafone, more out of curiosity than anything, though i think i do need a new phone as my current one is starting to get like a fuckload of dead pixels

boris

Banned
HSC
i keep dropping mine
ive lost the volume control button down the side and the battery is being kept in with some tape

so yeh. it's lasted pretty solidly considering it's been dropped on cement 237935 times and kicked under cars and raped whilst drunk. good phone. a++ won't buy again

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The_highwayman said:
same.
i look forward to these pricing details they're supposedly going to send me "directly"
oh yes, "directly" probably means in an e-mail on the same day they get released to the public

jannny

HSC
anyone know when phone companies generally release plans for upcoming new phones?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
GPS is awesome, it's accurate to about 50 m. What's hilarious is that upon switching the phone on optus sent me a message saying "Optus wants YOU! To get the iPhone." but fuck that. Wireless and such works flawlessly and quickly with my router, so I'm happy.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If that's correct I'll be happy, cause I can probably just throw my tax return at it and come out with change.

jannny

HSC
seriously I'd be happy if its 220 dollars in a 30 dollar a month plan. Where 30 dollars just gives texts and calls, and add some free minutes or 30=100 dollar worth of calls/texts. I don't really care about the "internet", but more like an addition kinda thing.

Wifi is nice since I can just leech off my auntie while im upstairs in my bedroom from her wireless modem next door. And moreover GPS is something i will adore from this phone, if its true that its faster and that since my nokia 6110 takes AGES to load, like Im already halfway to my destination and it hasn't even loaded yet!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
jannny said:
seriously I'd be happy if its 220 dollars in a 30 dollar a month plan. Where 30 dollars just gives texts and calls, and add some free minutes or 30=100 dollar worth of calls/texts. I don't really care about the "internet", but more like an addition kinda thing.

!
It won't be that cheap. Also GPS takes you a long time to load?

jannny

HSC
yea for my 6110. I was probably over exaggerating but I have to wait around 10-15 minutes. =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)