tre iphone released in AU July 11 (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
townie said:
i just pre-registered with vodafone, more out of curiosity than anything, though i think i do need a new phone as my current one is starting to get like a fuckload of dead pixels
yeah same, my contract with them ends in like.... 2 months, i'm on $79 cap so hopefully they can hook me up with some sweet dealz for being so loyal and shit

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Stevo. said:
So can ANYONE get a rough estimate of the price? $300? $700?
Judging purely off the plans, id say >$700.

Im guessing the reason the pricing is so tight lipped is because its going to be more expensive than people would consider paying?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I'll be fucked if im paying for one at those prices, but with a Colorado Group discount, its looking more appealing.

<3 networks.

jannny

HSC
Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do with the G.P.S. According to Apple, the iPhone’s G.P.S. antenna is much too small to emulate the turn-by-turn navigation of a G.P.S. unit for a vehicle, for example.

Instead, all it can do at this point is track your position as you drive along, representing you as a blue dot sliding along the roads of the map. Even then, the metal of a car or the buildings of Manhattan are often enough to block the iPhone’s view of the sky, leaving it just as confused as you are.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/technology/personaltech/09pogue.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

So there's no turn by turn voice directions + if I want to use the iphone I will need to pay for data connection costs since it uses Google Maps. Only way to use it without paying for connection costs is to buy preloaded maps from Tomtom or something, which will cost few hundred dollars.

Piece of shit, I'm sticking with my 6110.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
When Optus has the best plan you know you're pretty much fucked

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Have you used an N95 8GB or an iPhone? I nearly smashed my boss' N95 onto the ground because it has the most retarded OS and menu system on the planet.

If you want to change anything you have to go to pretty much the EXACT LOGICALLY OPPOSITE part of the fucking menu arghhhhhhhh.

Like fucking bluetoothing or even modifying profiles or 3rd party apps the shit is all so making no sense.
It's like they let 50,000 engineers loose on it and they created a great piece of hardware and then they took a shit inside it.
yeah i have an n95, eh i like the os, i'm heaps used to it :$

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Not a phone wiz, But how durable are the iphones ?

They look one drunken fall into a schooner or 2 metre drop onto concrete away from a fucked screen.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
Has the price of the iPhone been released?

If not, can someone please post it up as soon as it is released?

Thanks.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
blakegman said:
Not a phone wiz, But how durable are the iphones ?

They look one drunken fall into a schooner or 2 metre drop onto concrete away from a fucked screen.
i dropped my ipod touch onto a brick retaining wall and saw it bounce to the hard concrete below.

just a few chips in the corners and a massive gash to my self-respect.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
is there anywhere i can buy the iphone outright and not as part of a contract/plan??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)