Trial Discussion Thread. (2 Viewers)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
which report do you mean? and yes, when you refer to a band 6, you are usually referring to your HSC mark, which is then scaled to go towards your atar calculation if it is in your top 10 units.
Jeebus
I mean the b6 that Realize was referring to, is that your 'aligned' mark or the mark you put into an ATAR calc
Like...I think the raw 78 = b6 after aligning
but is the raw 78 put into the ATAR calc or is the b6 put into the ATAR calc

Makematics

HSC
Jeebus
I mean the b6 that Realize was referring to, is that your 'aligned' mark or the mark you put into an ATAR calc
the aligned mark ofc! you're never notified of your raw mark. so the band6.

jaycoo50

HSC
Jeebus
hey lol,

the mark that Realize was refering to is the actual raw mark 78, that goes through align to become the HSC mark, hence a band 6. Yes 78 would be a band 6, from what my teacher and friends told me.

No, 78 raw is not put into a Atar cal, HSC goes through scaling process to make sure it is fair accross the state, then it is used to cal you Atar, hence that band 6 would go into Atar calculator, not 78 raw, cause the 78 raw is just the cut-off for a band 6.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
the aligned mark ofc! you're never notified of your raw mark. so the band6.
So you're saying I get 81 raw in biology- gets aligned to 92- gets scaled to 98
I'm kind of finding this hard to believe

jaycoo50

HSC
Anyone have tips for overcoming burnout?
yes, don't study too much, in order words don't over do it? like say you study 2 hours, absorb the information than move on, don't just say like I would study 6 hours for a cergtain subject, than start doing it! cause this si how you burnout, when you over do it? like studying too much, this resukst in lower marks, cause teh brain can't absorb all that information at once, so mty adive would be that, plan what you won't to do each day, like 2 hours of past papers for chem, then 2 hours for maths ext 1. Then just do those, relax and do what you enjoy, this way you won't burnout, hence your much preapred for tomorrow.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
LOL WHAT.

Cmon guys, it can't be like this.
Yeah, I think this is wrong too
If it isn't I don't know why I'm studying
Edit: From my previous knowledge that 'aligned' mark which is the b6 when you hit 78 goes into your report and the 78 gets entered into the ATAR calc

mac1996

HSC
who the hells honestly not bothered to do anything since trials are over for most ppl?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
So you're saying I get 81 raw in biology- gets aligned to 92- gets scaled to 98
I'm kind of finding this hard to believe
In terms of aligned ---> scaled marks, every subject but MX2 will scale down. So a 92 aligned won't scale to a 98 mark. But it could however scale to an ATAR equivalent of 98.

Also you are underestimating the difficulty of getting those raw marks. From memory only about 5% of the state get 80 or above raw in biology.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Edit: From my previous knowledge that 'aligned' mark which is the b6 when you hit 78 goes into your report and the 78 gets entered into the ATAR calc
No the 90 gets put into the ATAR calculator, it's the aligned mark, not the 78 raw mark.

Makematics

HSC
but the UAC doesn't get sent your raw marks? it says on the atar calculator to enter your HSC MARK. 78 won't be your hsc mark!

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
but the UAC doesn't get sent your raw marks? it says on the atar calculator to enter your HSC MARK. 78 won't be your hsc mark!
Your HSC mark is your TWM that you put in the atarcalc I believe, then that gets scaled to match the difficulty of the subject
But Realize is saying something else so I'm kind of getting confused

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of aligned ---> scaled marks, every subject but MX2 will scale down. So a 92 aligned won't scale to a 98 mark. But it could however scale to an ATAR equivalent of 98.

Also you are underestimating the difficulty of getting those raw marks. From memory only about 5% of the state get 80 or above raw in biology.
lol remember that kid
95 raw in everything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)