Trial Results and Papers (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
damn ! ur 3u paper is piss easy :p wish I had the same paper :L my school isn't a selective high school but they made hard ass 3u exam!!
I took a look at the test, and I'd agree with you that it looks quite easier than the test my school set lolol. But then again, I'm terrible at 3u anyway so @_______@ I dont think I could even get close to full marks in the test they posted (probably like 50/70 maybe)

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
sweet, i thought my english rank would have made that hard to do.
Easily, with this ranks.
also now our school ranks are locked in or whatever, is it good to try and boost people in your schools marks? that's just something i heard.

HSC
Great marks nightweaver - what'd you lose your marks on 3U for?

Also I'm guessing questions got taken out of 4u paper?

addoil

HSC
anybody else feeling very dumb after reading these trial results?

nightweaver066

HSC
Great marks nightweaver - what'd you lose your marks on 3U for?

Also I'm guessing questions got taken out of 4u paper?
In 3U, second part of the combinatorics question in question 11. Question was not phrased properly as it required you to use the previous part when clearly it did not say so!! Pretty much everyone lost a mark for that.
The second part of the geometry question where you had to prove some isosceles triangle or something. I knew it was easy but i couldn't see it.. Had me very frustrated during the exam and after..
Lost another mark because i accidentally skipped a question. FML
We haven't done binomial theorem & probability at the time so that wasn't in the paper.

In 4U, we haven't done mechanics so that was taken out too (although i don't even know which paper the school bought lol)

HSC
Nightweaver: the circle within parabola is a past HSC question. that whole page was HSC questoins...

nightweaver066

HSC
Nightweaver: the circle within parabola is a past HSC question. that whole page was HSC questoins...
I know.. Found out after the test..

Really should have looked at past HSC questions rather than focus on trial papers lol

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I know.. Found out after the test..

Really should have looked at past HSC questions rather than focus on trial papers lol
Suppose you got a higher mark because you previously did the question (thus knew the solution) instead of actually knowing how to do it.

Then aren't you in a sense 'cheating yourself' into believing that you got that mark 100% legitimately? Don't get me wrong, your 4U mark is great. But my point is that perhaps it was actually BETTER for you in the end, that you didn't see the question previously.

HSC
Lol Yeah me too ==

They took like 20 marks from HSCs for my school. And the rest from 2009 Syd Grammar ==.

nightweaver066

HSC
Suppose you got a higher mark because you previously did the question (thus knew the solution) instead of actually knowing how to do it.

Then aren't you in a sense 'cheating yourself' into believing that you got that mark 100% legitimately? Don't get me wrong, your 4U mark is great. But my point is that perhaps it was actually BETTER for you in the end, that you didn't see the question previously.
Wouldn't it have been 100% legitimate? Every student has the past HSC papers at their disposal, whether it be online or past paper books, and it's up to the student whether or not to look at those questions.

I suppose it was better for me in the end, was a good learning experience

Although even if i did get those questions, I'd still be far off the person coming 1st haha

Alkanes

HSC

Haha it is the HSC at the end of the day. People are wanting to score as many marks as possible, as entry into uni for some courses are competitive. I think most people would leave honesty and ethics behind them for the HSC. My two cents :p

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Haha it is the HSC at the end of the day. People are wanting to score as many marks as possible, as entry into uni for some courses are competitive. I think most people would leave honesty and ethics behind them for the HSC. My two cents :p
+1.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Blatant cheating/malpractice is not acceptable under any circumstances, in my opinion. It's a widespread problem at my school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)