Trial Results and Papers (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
poor example, but I get what you are trying to say. What I am saying is that having cohort size and school rank of a first place in everything student doesn't make your estimate any more accurate when in coming to a conclusion other than giving a lower bound. ok i dont wanna argue any more.
I don't see how it's "a bad example".

School rank clearly does make an estimate more accurate. The higher the school rank, the more accurate the estimate will be, the lower the school rank, the less accurate. Cohort size still shows where he stands and how many are competing. A rank 1/100 is far more impressive than 1/5.

barbernator

HSC
I don't see how it's "a bad example".

School rank clearly does make an estimate more accurate. The higher the school rank, the more accurate the estimate will be, the lower the school rank, the less accurate. Cohort size still shows where he stands and how many are competing. A rank 1/100 is far more impressive than 1/5.
Ok whatever. gl hsc

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much OP for uploading your 2U trial! Do you have the MC questions? I can see answer sheet and answers in back but not the actual questions.

I would upload mine but it's under copyright as it was bought (Independent), as were the majority of my papers. And 2U wouldn't be much use to all your 4 uniters buy yeah :)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much OP for uploading your 2U trial! Do you have the MC questions? I can see answer sheet and answers in back but not the actual questions.

I would upload mine but it's under copyright as it was bought (Independent), as were the majority of my papers. And 2U wouldn't be much use to all your 4 uniters buy yeah :)
I didn't do the paper so I don't have it.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I was pretty amazed you got most of it seeing as I wasn't sure if your school made 4U ers sit 2U. It is awesome you got the rest of it for us though!
The school uploaded it to moodle. They also issued copies of other 2012 papers but I don't think I should be sharing those.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Trials rank:
Chemistry: 1/7
Physics: 1/4
Biology: 8/15
Advanced English: 2/10
Maths: 4/17
Maths ext: 4/4
IT: 2/10

My overall ranks are pretty much the same except for english where I'm 3rd. School rank is 500s. (yea pathetic I know =( ) Do I stand a chance of getting a 90?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My overall ranks are pretty much the same except for english where I'm 3rd. School rank is 500s. (yea pathetic I know =( ) Do I stand a chance of getting a 90?
Yeah, I think you can get 90. Try and gun these 10 units: Chemistry, Physics, English, Maths and IT.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I think you can get 90. Try and gun these 10 units: Chemistry, Physics, English, Maths and IT.
I heard that IT you have to do really well like 85+ raw or something to actually counts because of poor scaling or something? Plus my cohort sucks, how much is that gonna affect me?

Demise

HSC
Ranks for trials:
7/13 Maths (Trials) - 5/13 Overall
8/15 Physics (Trials) - 9/15 Overall
3/44 Business (Trials) - 4/44 Overall
3-4/15 SOR2U (Trials) - 8/15 Overall
~12-15/24 Eng Adv - 12-5/24 Overall

School rank ~200

Can I score 87-88 if I significantly improve my Mathematics by 18% (to 80% raw), Physics by 3% (72% raw, I expect 76-77 in HSC), SOR2U by 4% (for 90% raw), Bus by 2% (for 90% raw) and Eng Adv by 6% (for 73-74% raw)? According to the ATAR calculator I'm looking at 90.65 which is consistent with the yearly top students for the past years.

Also, those raw marks would push me up to band 6s for Business, SOR2, Physics and mid band 5s for maths and english.

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard that IT you have to do really well like 85+ raw or something to actually counts because of poor scaling or something? Plus my cohort sucks, how much is that gonna affect me?
It's hard to tell if 8/15 in biology is any better, same goes for 4/4 in MX1. Your cohort only affect you if you're not first - if you're first, it has NO EFFECT on you at all.

deswa1

HSC
Hey guys, I scanned my 4U paper but our school gets a bit pissed if we upload it to forums like this. Anyone that wants it, can you PM me your email and I'll email it over to you guys lol. I haven't scanned our 3U paper because honestly, it was easy and you wouldn't gain much from it...

If anyone else has papers that they can't post on here, I'll keep it on the down low haha if you're willing to email?

Alkanes

HSC
Ruse, NSB, St George and HAHS but I'm not sure if it would be a problem for them if I released it. I'll also be getting BHHS soon.
Haha so there is no problem of releasing your school's paper? :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Ruse, NSB, St George and HAHS but I'm not sure if it would be a problem for them if I released it. I'll also be getting BHHS soon.
I think Ruse and NSB are fine because they are shared around on websites, I think I've seen a few HAHS around too.

So lucky be able to get all those selective school papers!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Here's the St George 3U paper (no solutions). I'm not posting anything else until at least 3 other people post their school's trials.

It's not fair for those that share and receive nothing back.

Attachments

Aysce

HSC
Here's the St George 3U paper (no solutions). I'm not posting anything else until at least 3 other people post their school's trials.

It's not fair for those that share and receive nothing back.
Can't upload - CSSA :/

Although, 2012 St George trials is not bad at all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)