trials cancelled (1 Viewer)

mikrokosmos

HSC
if exams become online i'm just worried that most ppl will cheat and every half mark will have a major impact. i studied so hard for trials to bring up my ranks because my stupid ass anxiety effed up y12 for me and now i probably will manage to find some way to stuff up my trials now too. and to make things more fun im so burnt out i cannot study ughginjfec

and atar estimate would be shit too i'd be looking at an 80 even though i swear i have more potential lmao

Luke322

HSC
if exams become online i'm just worried that most ppl will cheat and every half mark will have a major impact. i studied so hard for trials to bring up my ranks because my stupid ass anxiety effed up y12 for me and now i probably will manage to find some way to stuff up my trials now too. and to make things more fun im so burnt out i cannot study ughginjfec
I do believe schools will come up with a partial solution to cheating. Of course, there is no real way to ban cheating without someone watching your every move. People who cheat in general should feel ashamed of preventing honest people from doing better in school and possibly having a better tertiary education. However, in future years those who cheat will be much less attractive to workers and employer as they do not know how to do anything themselves. Also, universities are suffering from a huge reduction in international students and as such, the barriers to university entry will be comparably much lower this year.

Time&moretime

HSC
This may be a little off topic but does anyone know which schools are EAS? I've looked at UAC but their schools list doesn't seem to include western/greater western side of sydney? https://www.uac.edu.au/future-appli...emes/educational-access-schemes/schools-lists
You could try searching the UNSW Gateway Admission Pathway Program run by the Access & Equity (Students). If I am not mistaken, there is a list on their website. 'Gateway schools' are identified as taking the three-year average of ICSEA for schools in NSW. Hope this helps.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
You could try searching the UNSW Gateway Admission Pathway Program run by the Access & Equity (Students). If I am not mistaken, there is a list on their website. 'Gateway schools' are identified as taking the three-year average of ICSEA for schools in NSW. Hope this helps.
Thanks surprised some schools are selected by UNSW as viable for gateway but not on UAC. Would you happen to know how much the UNSW gateway program adjusts your selection rank? (How many adjustment points)

Edit: It's up to 15 points.

Time&moretime

HSC
I believe it is between 5 to 12 adjustment points, could be more. For example, a student who is from an 'EAS school' has an ATAR of 87 applying for Engineering. Five adjustment points will be awarded towards him therefore bringing his selection rank to 92. He also achieved an E4 in Maths Extension 2 which would be another one or two adjustment points bringing his selection rank to 93 or 94. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on this as I'm not 100% sure.

osciggyz

HSC
I got insanely lucky and did my trials last term. Feels bad for anyone who's getting their trials replaced by an assignment.

A1La5

HSC
I feel like I'm the only person that still has no idea about what their school's going to do with trials..

Initially the school had set us to do the trial exams on the 16th but then once Gladys made her announcement not allowing students in hotspot LGAs to return everything's up in the air now :/

Just whatever they choose, please don't make the trials online.

zizi2003_

HSC
I feel like I'm the only person that still has no idea about what their school's going to do with trials..

Initially the school had set us to do the trial exams on the 16th but then once Gladys made her announcement not allowing students in hotspot LGAs to return everything's up in the air now :/

Just whatever they choose, please don't make the trials online.
dude SAMEEEEE.
my school is always so late with announcing what's happening im so stressed
my bet's on online trials but it i doubt this would happen next week because it takes them at least a week to make the assignments online

mikrokosmos

HSC
can't believe i truly effed up this year </3. and its not like acing hsc is gonna fix my mark bc someone else from my cohort will get it anyway

just put my end of year prelim marks and mid year hsc marks into an atar calculated and my soul is crushed (65 atar) but my school's atar estimate for me was 82 (still bad ugh)

Last edited:

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I feel for y’all, I left school just recently partially due to the whole trial situation (as well as for personal reasons). Hope your schools figure a fair way out of this and for the sake of the HSC, I hope it’s moderated well this year for you guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)