Triple J Hottest 100 2010 (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Gay. I hate their music - they remind me of two stoners that accidentally got sponsored by someone with money. Then other stoners heard them and were like "woahhhhh, maaaaan".

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So I heard Angus and Julia Stone won... very sad. Please refer to "shit music this decade" thread.

Fuck You! was a nice song though. Should've won - considering it's the only decent song I could spot there in the upper echelons. Or the ABC News Theme remix by Pendulum. #72 I Can Talk was on FIFA 11 and should've been higher... so as #92 I Can Change.

OMFG7891

HSC
My friends and I listened to the whole countdown and the very moment they said "Rock it" was 2nd our whole mood went sour. I really don't think Angus and Julia Stone are that great a band, nor do I think "Big Jet Plane" that good a song. Not bad though, just not number 1 song worthy.

Quite obviously many others think differently. My number one song for 2010 didn't even make the list, half my votes didn't haha

Lentern

HSC
I don't like Angus and Julia either but I was astonished, given a lot of people obviously voted for them, at the bile and vitriol that just exploded on twitter once it got announced. Magic Fountain was my no1 and was happy enough that it made the top ten.

Other bits and pieces:
-Three Gypsy and the Cat Songs made it, none made the top 50 but I was still quite pleased, was very surprised Jona Vark beat Piper Song too.
-I'm not a fan of Crowded House so naturally a cover of crowded house was disappointing.
-Can't believe the Philadelphia Grand Jury, Save Our Town didn't make the 100, it got so much airplay.
-Likewise MGMT's Flash Delirium although in their case most of the airplay was very early in the year.
-Ducksauce made the top 15, I fear we will have to explain this to our children one day.
-Three Ronsons, one in the top ten, yuck yuck yuck. Actually that's just personal, I think Record Collection is quite a good album but have seen Ronson be a douche on Buzzcocks too much to wish him anything but failure.
-No Clare Bowditch, I didn't vote for her myself but did so because I assumed she was one of Triple J's "darlings" like Washington and John Butler, thought as i only mildly like her it would have been a waste to vote for Modern Day Addiction.

I didn't hate it, looking at past years I think Jet was the last time a winner looked the best in my eyes and there were some good things about this years list, no coldplay, muse only just snuck it in, vast improvements on previous years there.

Edit: Oh and the call of the night came from Brendan Maclean on Twitter: "The real winner of the #hottest 100 is Nova who now have 100 "brand new" songs to add to their 2011 playlist" Whack.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)