Truongs Maths Tutoring, any comments? (1 Viewer)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Truong's tutoring, any comments?

um my friend use to go to truong but got kicked out for some very stupd reason. His eye sight is not perfect meaning he cant see some things if he sits at the back so he decided that he will always sit at the front of the class. Truong noticed this and told him to get glasses. My friend thought it wasnt necessary as he sits at the front and sees perfectly. A few weeks later, truong kicked him out.

I don't think there is any thing wrong with what my friend did. Sometimes people with glasses cant see from the back either. Is it really that important if he gets glasses even though he sits at the front and sees perfectly?

mbx

HSC
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

Ok thanks, might try her out!

Hmm you've got a point. My friends who had her didn't really improve as well, many deproved (though they did say she was still good, funny etc)

Oh and jayadore isn't 37 like failing? :confused: I'd want at least 80+ i think ... Don't know how good sefton english is then (and btw my friends who go there are actually really hard working, at least more than me).
fyi, ext 2 english is out of 50, therefore a mark of 47 is the equivalent of 94/100 and is exceptionally good for extension 2 english :)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

hmmmmmm ive heard quite a bit about this place........and considering where i live thats quite an effort ^.^

it seems as though it IS very strict...however that is most likely a positive rather than negative thing

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC

um my friend use to go to truong but got kicked out for some very stupd reason. His eye sight is not perfect meaning he cant see some things if he sits at the back so he decided that he will always sit at the front of the class. Truong noticed this and told him to get glasses. My friend thought it wasnt necessary as he sits at the front and sees perfectly. A few weeks later, truong kicked him out.

I don't think there is any thing wrong with what my friend did. Sometimes people with glasses cant see from the back either. Is it really that important if he gets glasses even though he sits at the front and sees perfectly?
Yes, otherwise your eyes may strain too much.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad

Yes, otherwise your eyes may strain too much.
yea but if u sit at the front how r u straining ur eyesight. I mean I don't have perfect vision but can still properly. What I do is sit at the front to ensure I see things properly. The school didnt expel me for that so truong shouldn't have a reason to kick my friend out.

Other than that, I honestly think truong is a good tutor.

tubtub

HSC

whats the address and phone for this tutoring place?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad

fairfield is the maths one i believe and canely is like the science one. I am not too sure cause thats what i was told.

bettina44

HSC

is he the guy with the really weird rules? like guys can't have long hair?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

is he the guy with the really weird rules? like guys can't have long hair?
And thats a weird rule? I thought I was the only one on this academic-related forum with an ample supply of marijuana.

bettina44

HSC

And thats a weird rule? I thought I was the only one on this academic-related forum with an ample supply of marijuana.
well why not? there's others that are even weirder but i can't think of them atm

jas12

HSC

hey,

i remember being in your position just last year, all i can say is that work as hard as you can for next few months.Post-hsc and uni is just awesome! And it wont stop once you get your UAIs if just study now. So keep at it

And as for a physics tutor....I went to Matrix last year, but now I'm doing physics tutoring myself. I scored a 95 for physics in the hsc exam. so trust me, i know what I'm doing. The way I teach is very relaxed an informal because i as a student knew that i couldn't learn under pressure or sum1 superior overlooking me.

and as for my rates, i charge basically per visit. i say about an hour but if we set out to finish say 3 sub topics and we've only done 2 when an hour is over, i wont care because i want you guys to ask me questions so that i can help you in the areas you want.

one more thing, i recommend very small groups, because its alot less formal and also you get the opportunity for a discussion which is how you learn 95% of your content.

If you have any questions just give me shout
email: jassimpsons@hotmail.com
mobile: (ill reply back to your email with it )

cyazz, and GOOD LUCK!

jas12

HSC

PS. not just Physics, also Economics.I can also do 4u maths and/or 3u maths, but i will not do them seperately as that is not my area of expertise, but more than willing to help out and provide practice exams for the students I tutor for physics/economics.

any questions just buzz me...
cheers

oasfree

HSC
N/A

That's rotten. The eye-care industry is really a bad lot. They con people into buying glasses for kids so that kids get hooked. Once they get on glasses, they can never get back to normal. If they don't there is a chance as long as they stop their bad reading practice and spend more time outdoor. It's too much study and compulsory education that cause bad eye sight. Truong was lucky not to be sued by the parents of this poor student.

I feel so sorry for the kid. But it might be best for him. When my niece got one to one from her Dad's friend, she improved a lot over going to Truong's place any way.

mkp!

HSC

troung is awsome :D

iloveapple

HSC

sir would never kick out someone for such a ridiculous reason. your friend probably did crap in an exam, or was rude to him or something. it's actually impossible that sir would kick someone out for that reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)