Turnbull new opposition leader (1 Viewer)

spiny norman

HSC
He came from VERY humble beginnings though.

Don't you know, he even lived in a rented flat once?!

Azurie

HSC

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
He went to Grammar, assisted by a scholarship, where he repeatedly topped his class. As the same article mentions, he also set up a scholarship in memory of his dad in the late 80's at Grammar for bright students who were unable to meet the costs.

I don't even understand why his wealth is an issue. Most people don't even know that Gough Whitlam was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Australians have a real problem with those who create wealth and success, and honestly, I don't know why. We should be nurturing, not criticising wealth creation. If we had more Turnbull's in this country, we'd be better for it.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I don't know why everyone is bagging out Turnbull's wealth, isn't that what this country is all about? this country is the land of opportunities (sorry not America no more) that we can succeed and achieve what we want and to be on top starting from scratch, Turnbull is a good example of that.

As for Krudd, pfft he's living off the wealth from his money hungry hippo wife Teresa. :)

spiny norman

HSC
incentivation said:
He went to Grammar, assisted by a scholarship, where he repeatedly topped his class. As the same article mentions, he also set up a scholarship in memory of his dad in the late 80's at Grammar for bright students who were unable to meet the costs.

I don't even understand why his wealth is an issue. Most people don't even know that Gough Whitlam was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Australians have a real problem with those who create wealth and success, and honestly, I don't know why. We should be nurturing, not criticising wealth creation. If we had more Turnbull's in this country, we'd be better for it.
I'm bagging out the fact that he's trying to disguise it and trying to make out he pulled himself up from poverty to where he is today.

Fraser came from privilege but thankfully never made himself out to be some man of the working class.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
spiny norman said:
I'm bagging out the fact that he's trying to disguise it and trying to make out he pulled himself up from poverty to where he is today.

Fraser came from privilege but thankfully never made himself out to be some man of the working class.
So Turnbull was middle to upper middle class and managed to become extremely successful through hard work and obvious intelligence. How dare he tell this story?!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
i don't understand the labor party's point when they say he can't relate to working people

so basically to be pm you should have to be lazy or unintelligent? lol

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I like how he pointed out that Ruddkip is the richest PM.

But he isn't really, it's his man of a wife.

HSC
Why are we hating on an INCREDIBLY qualified person being in a position to be the prime minister?

This is retarded.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Turnbull is the most exciting leader of a major political party since Keating at least.
This is a revenge of the Deakin legacy for Australian politics. Milton's liberal back from the dead.
Will be an unfair choice at election time. NEVER have the two parties been so similar - in a good way (this time the LIBERALS have shifted to Labor)
2010 will be suffocated with similarity, and it will come down to strength of leadership, which Rudd cant win.
Predict skin of your teeth labor

HSC
Is Turball really that charismatic? He's never struck me as that much of a good speaker, and he always seems a little flustered around the media...

He is quite hot for an old guy tho :eek:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The interview with Kerry last night was absolutely charming. He's the most charismatic guy in Parliament. A little aloof, but the radicals on both sides of politics love a bit o that

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Silver Persian said:
Is Turball really that charismatic? He's never struck me as that much of a good speaker, and he always seems a little flustered around the media...

He is quite hot for an old guy tho :eek:
I will never be able to see him as such. My dad used to beat him up at school. :eek:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol John Anderson used to beat up my father at Kings

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I am fully with iron on this one, he is a fantastic leader as he has achieved so much and should be seen as an inspiration. It is truely what this country is all about and why should we have someone who knows how to make money as PM so the country has the best chance to survive tough times and make the tough decisions. I know i voted liberal last time solely for the party not the leader, next time it will be truely for the leader (unless he fucks up baaaddd!)

atreus

HSC
chicky_pie said:
I don't know why everyone is bagging out Turnbull's wealth, isn't that what this country is all about? this country is the land of opportunities (sorry not America no more) that we can succeed and achieve what we want and to be on top starting from scratch, Turnbull is a good example of that.

As for Krudd, pfft he's living off the wealth from his money hungry hippo wife Teresa. :)
why bag out therese if she has had a similar path to turnbull? wouldn't she be an equally good example, especially considering that she makes her money from helping the long-term unemployed re-enter the workforce?

spiny norman

HSC
atreus said:
why bag out therese if she has had a similar path to turnbull? wouldn't she be an equally good example, especially considering that she makes her money from helping the long-term unemployed re-enter the workforce?
But she's married to the leader of the Labor Party, you see. That makes her one level above child molester in these parts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)