Tute satisfaction (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Lastly, you're supposed to participate in tutorials - it's part of the learning process and it's part of unit requirements. Noone has to come here.
people don't have to participate if they don't want to. sometimes its not part of unit requirements or takes up very little like 10%. the tutor can't fail these people for not doing their readings or contributing. the tutor can't do anything except throw empty threats at them. unit coveners should realise by now hat they should make compulsory tute presentations so that way everyone has to talk at one stage. the tutor can't just make people do them. either way she's stuck in a bad class with boring people and a tutor that can do nothing except let it be boring.

and trust me........people like that don't have much to contribute anyway. i know because i'm one of them. even if a tutor directs a question at them their answer would be "i don't know".

cpjeeves at the end of the course when they hand out those slip things that question how you thought the course was just recommend tute presentations or something similar. or just speak to the unit covener if its such a big deal.

PwarYuex said:
In any case, isn't this a moot point? Whether it's the tutor or the students, the class is bad..
agreed. i was just trying to defend us dunces.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
cpjeeves said:
Yeah, I do think the tutor should make people participate,ie ask a direct question to one person who hasn't talked yet.
It just puts them on the spot and it doesn't mean they will prepare for the tute. If people don't have anything to say, they don't have anything to say.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hey dazed, have I missed out on much in the lectures? I dont bother coming to uni on Mondays anymore since thats my only thing, I might soon cos I got a few projects to work on, but yeah rofl

CieL

HSC
Skittled said:
I remember BBA103! Sounds like you've got the same tutor as I did! Gotta look through what she's saying to what she's trying to teach, rather than just being taught what she's saying. ...so that makes it a little more difficult than normal. In the above circumstances I suppose they're trying to teach you about elasticity of demand and substitute goods -- whether a price rise in something will result in a significant drop in demand, and/or a rise in demand for another...
Was she asian?
Was she from USYD?
Did she have pink wideframe asian glasses?
Is she short?

I want to change my tute.. it's the only one I actually HATE and dread coming to.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
AsyLum said:
Hey dazed, have I missed out on much in the lectures? I dont bother coming to uni on Mondays anymore since thats my only thing, I might soon cos I got a few projects to work on, but yeah rofl
Put it this way, the only reason i go is because i have something else on that day and if i dont go to media i feel guilty because i did not go to one, i repeat not ONE lecture for media last semester (105). It was quite funny actually because the first 203 lecture this semester i was like shit i know this voice and turns out he was the lecturer for 105 which i knew from listening to a few of them.

I dont think you've missed much, Graham is good though, he keeps things interesting but most of the stuff is covered in tutes and he spends 1/2 the time discussing the readings. In my eyes its do the readings or turn up to the lecture... so i turn up to the lecture. Less effort.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh, awesome, haha yeah I was going to say hi, saw you walk up but i was like..err sleep haha, so put my head back on the table.

Cool, I might turn up to next week's might do me some good to go into the music labs on monday

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
*~Dazed~* said:
Thing is, ok im making myself out to sound like one of those people who dont shut up in tutes and think they know everything etc etc you know the ones that you just want to shut the hell up and give someone else a chance to talk. But im not, i know i know shit but i just cant stand silence, and if there is silence, and it gets awkward and boring i have to speak.
That's exactly how I feel. Awkward silences are very much not fun, I think it's like an inbuilt reaction for some people to try and fill it! I wonder of anyone's ever done research on that...*tries to recall distant first year of psych*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)