Twilight movie (1 Viewer)

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
omg omg a crappy book is coming out as a movie. omg i'm so excited. edward has urges to murder bella, what a moving love story. and all with a preachy mormon subtext.

boris

Banned
HSC
A little too big, if you know what i mean..

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I saw this guy at the bus stop today; looked just like Robert Pattinson :D

So is the movie good or bad? I've heard its both... dunno if i want to see it or not...

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Re: TWILIGHT premiered today!!

the book was alright, the first half was pretty crap, up until the visit to the cullens/ baseball game, then a stroy started to develop with the bad vampires and all...
im pretty dissapointed with the film, OMG CRAPPY DIRECTOR!!!! crap camera angles/shots throughout the movie
also they didnt really 'transform' the book really well, left out interesting parts, and most importantly, i didnt really see Bella's passion towards Edward in the movie as much as in the book, which elaborates the chemistry between them quite well.

Last edited:

emmalinarina

yeh that's right. It's me
HSC

settle*precious said:
Bit too jumpy, script was basically taken straight out of the book and needed reworking, low budget effects, 90% of the acting was terrible, some weird facial expressions and some REALLY bad lines both in content and how they were delivered.

Edward and Bella probably the best actors in it.. Charlie was ok too. Really should of payed attention to like indirect conversation.. like when they come into the cafeteria Eric the Asian is chatting and he goes "we could have like a pyramid come down from the sky and then you two could like.. high five or something" and its like wtf could he possibly be talking about? Stupid. Over all, watchable but not great. Left out some stuff I wish they hadn't. Hopefully the next one will be a little more high budget.

edit: effing giggly girls, seriously -.-'
I absolutely love twilight but I have to agree with you on a lot of those points. Overall it left me feeling a bit disappointed. I didn't mind it because I love the book so much but I think it could've been done a lot better. Love how everyone looked with the makeup and whiteness and stuff. Also loved Rosalie breaking the salad bowl. So funny.:haha:
Although I was disappointed I will probably watch it again and buy the DVD and watch New Moon. Because I love twilight that much. I will always stick by it. NO MATTER WHAT.

StephStephie

HSC
i thought the movie was so bad...
the chick that played bella was the worst actor
and wtf is with the tree scenes?

StephStephie

HSC

i thought the movie was so bad...
the chick that played bella was the worst actor
and wtf is with the tree scenes?
Bit too jumpy, script was basically taken straight out of the book and needed reworking, low budget effects, 90% of the acting was terrible, some weird facial expressions and some REALLY bad lines both in content and how they were delivered.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
bad bad movie
didn't like it, haven't read the book though..

so i'm guessing that those who have read the book will be even more disappointed?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

bad bad movie
didn't like it, haven't read the book though..

so i'm guessing that those who have read the book will be even more disappointed?

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC

I got a free black curtain sceening ticket. I was pretty happy. :haha:

I went into the cinema with no expectation, because I new I would just be dissapointed and they wouldn't compare to the books to any degree.

So I just enjoyed myself, and I found it really good.
Yes, it was rushed and slightly funny at times it wasn'tsupose to be. Like when Bella walks into the lab and Edward reaction is like she crapped herself or something. The whole cinema cracked up.

But It would be so hard to cram twilight into a 2 hour movie. I'm dissapointed that they rushed the medow scene, the sparkleness (bad FX!!) and they swapped my my favourite part of the book for "spider monkey"

But I must admit, James was preeety nice.

Meh, I say good effort, I'd go see it again.

B

bekmay

my god this movie was so LAME! i had to muffle my laughter the whole way through, partly at the awkwardness of the characters, and then at the annoying girls screaming everytime edward or carlisle came on screen. but in saying that i enjoyed it- im a sucker for corniness, which i knew i would because it is TWILIGHT and entails mega perv-fest. towards the end though everything about edward got on my nerves, like even the way he looks. im not too sure why :S
OH! and jackson rathbone (AKA jasper) is the sexiest person (or kid iuno) alive.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
**************Spoilers*********
I saw twilight yesterday and I'm not sure what I think just yet.
Some bits I loved but most was disappointing. I thought that Kristen Stewart would be a really good Bella but she was so boring. They missed the absolute best parts of the book and they rushed them falling in love so that it seemed weird that Bella was ready to die for Edward just after that short relationship. The part where Bella is being stalked and Edward saves her is good. The kiss is good.
The sparkling was bad. It looked gross - like sand and hair. And then Bella's like - 'you're beautiful' ...:uhoh:
Most of the time, Bella was paler than Edward which was stupid and the cullens acted like vampires very badly. They are supposed to look like fast, predators and they looked so stupid. And the flashback where the Quilette tribe finds the cullens is the worst part of the movie. They are all dressed in like 19th Century clothing all done up and Rosalie is wearing a top hat. I laughed so loud it was ridiculous. Edward's smile is good, jacob is good.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i thought taylor who plays jacob looked funny with long hair, didnt really suit him.

grundo

HSC
i liked it! but yes, i agree with some of the above criticism.

the main things i had problems with were:
- the crappy meadow scene, that was my favourite part of the book
- bella's prom outfit. tights and chucks? let alone the dress not really looking how it was supposed to.
- the attempts to use some good quotes from the book but putting them in the wrong place and making it sound awful (such as the heroin quote)
- the lack of development in their relationship which made bella's 'i trust you' and 'i dont care' s sound naive and very very silly.

but i suppose they did what they could with the movie right?
i still loved it cause its twilight and i always will.
my favourite scenes were the baseball scene and the scene when they go to school together and he is wearing ray bans :) ahhhhhh!

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
grundo said:
i liked it! but yes, i agree with some of the above criticism.

the main things i had problems with were:
- the crappy meadow scene, that was my favourite part of the book
- bella's prom outfit. tights and chucks? let alone the dress not really looking how it was supposed to.
- the attempts to use some good quotes from the book but putting them in the wrong place and making it sound awful (such as the heroin quote)
- the lack of development in their relationship which made bella's 'i trust you' and 'i dont care' s sound naive and very very silly.

but i suppose they did what they could with the movie right?
i still loved it cause its twilight and i always will.
my favourite scenes were the baseball scene and the scene when they go to school together and he is wearing ray bans :) ahhhhhh!
Ya I agree. Especially that some of the quotes that put in were totally in the wrong spot and alot of the parts - like the heroin part - was supposed to be serious but the way they did it made it funny. Eg when Edward can't stop drinking Bella's blood, everyone laughed because of his facial expression. That annoyed me heaps.

joyjoyyy

HSC
seeing it tomorrow
i hope its good
some of my friends are saying its really bad and don't see it
the girl really annoys me
her voice especially
and she totally isn't what i imagined Bella to look like..
whereas Edward Cullen looks pretty much as I imagined him too
so Hmmm
But it might just be cause he's hot and I'm happy with any eye candy
XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)