twilight series (1 Viewer)

jes.h

HSC
The Twilight series (I've read the first three, waiting for the fourth to be available at Library) seems to essentially tell a interesting story which conveys many universal themes, particularly in regards to love, however is done in a very basic way. The Harry Potter series has depth and intriguing dialogues, and the way the story is told is done in a much more sophisticated manner than Twilight. However, it does make for easy reading and is, in my opinion, the perfect way to combat the stress of school and assessment tasks as it is so easy to read. Best escapism method I've found to date!

smile=D=D=D

HSC
WTF??? its totally JACOB ftw!!!

hes like ten million times hotter than that ten million year old over possessive person... lol but i still love edward but WEREWOLVES>VAMPIRES

but arghh its sooo annoying how ALOT of ppl are overboard on this whole twilight thing

Mantello

Banned
HSC
smile=D=D=D said:

hes like ten million times hotter than that ten million year old over possessive person... lol but i still love edward but WEREWOLVES>VAMPIRES

but arghh its sooo annoying how ALOT of ppl are overboard on this whole twilight thing
Do you like pleasure yourself over Jacob? lol.

HSC
smile=D=D=D said:

fail.

WITHOUTAFACE YOU LIED! Jacob doesn't die!

HSC
think new moon.. bella to jacob:

He and I had something beautiful
But so dysfunctional, it couldn't last
I loved him so but I let him go
'Cause I knew he'd never love me back

Such pain as this
Shouldn't have to be experienced
I'm still reeling from the loss,
Still a little bit delirious

Near to you, I am healing
But it's taking so long
'Cause though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on
Yet, I'm better near to you.

You and I have something different
And I'm enjoying it cautiously
I'm battle scarred, I am working oh so hard
To get back to who I used to be

He's disappearing
Fading suddelly
I'm so close to being yours
Won't you stay with me
Please

But it's taking so long
'Cause though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on

I only know that I am
Better where you are
I only know that I am
Better where you are
I only know that I belong
Where you are

But it's taking so long
Though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on

But it's taking so long
'Cause though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on

- a fine frenzy "new to you"

HSC
i was reading some of this on my break at work the other day (some chick i work with had one of the books), and it was deadset the worst thing i have ever read. like, barely a step up from 14 year old girl internet fan fiction. fucking terrible.

duxplz

HSC
i read twilight when i was 14/15, and i only bought it for the cover art of the first edition. and it distresses me to think that a book that is surely meant to entertain young teenage girls, who have their petty stereotypical thoughts of what relationships are all about swimming through their heads, has become so popular. i guess its kinda positive when reading becomes the cool thing to do, but its not terribly well written, bland, cliched, all as above. obsession seems to be mainly over fictional hot boys which makes me think that everyone who likes this book is just as shallow as its main character. just another product of marketing, and is obvious to everyone but its targets.
don't take it personally though (although i'd be suprised if nobody did) but it just isn't something i'd waste my time reading again.

paperplanes

HSC
katietheskatie said:
i was reading some of this on my break at work the other day (some chick i work with had one of the books), and it was deadset the worst thing i have ever read. like, barely a step up from 14 year old girl internet fan fiction. fucking terrible.
Urgh. Agreed. Meyer's writing style is awful.

sweetcookies

HSC
paperplanes said:
Urgh. Agreed. Meyer's writing style is awful.
i agree... Meyer is a pretty awful author, phrases in her book are repeated about ten times each!

specially words like "flanked" and "flank"

it's just that all girls fell in love with edward, i did Too... he's something we can never have:(

Saccharine

bungee-jumping muggle
HSC
I am in love with the series. Meyer's writing style may be a little simplistic, but that's why girls everywhere find it easy to relate to. Because it's simple, and easy to understand. Besides, if she hadn't written it.. Edward Cullen wouldn't exist. Not even in the fictional world o.e

pinkyforce7

HSC
a shallow book for shallow minds

i read a couple of pages of it. its bassically the best work of a 12 year old. the writing style is terrible.

as for the storyine? i wouldnt know but everyone says its good.

the point is that i dont see why this book should have such hype about it when there are so many books out there that could easily blow this one out of the water.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
I think that Twilight sucks and is a pastiche of other vampire novels and plot lines.

Moreover, I really REALLY hate Meyer's style of vapid and incongruously painful writing, I mean, who the hell wants to know what happens to Bella on a freaking SECOND-to-SECOND basis?

I think in NO WAY is Twilight the next Harry Potter because of its oversimplification of romance themes and, yet again, Meyer's horrendous writing style.

Nadiaaa

HSC
sweetcookies said:
i agree... Meyer is a pretty awful author, phrases in her book are repeated about ten times each!

specially words like "flanked" and "flank"

it's just that all girls fell in love with edward, i did Too... he's something we can never have:(
Pretty much. I read the books and at first loved them, and I do still sort of like them, but they are pretty poorly written, and cliche, and generally people make them out to be so much better than they are. I mean, new, plain girl at school meets amazingly gorgeous vampire... they fall in love, etc etc and eventually theres a happy ending.
Not the most amazing of books :D

HSC
N/A
Saccharine said:
Besides, if she hadn't written it.. Edward Cullen wouldn't exist. Not even in the fictional world o.e
the world would have been a much better place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)