twilight series (1 Viewer)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
how can you not love twilight?!

do we really need to take life that seriously, and have to read classics and all that crap, and why would we want to read hardcore sci fi?

as to her writing style, i kind of don't pay attention, i just get lost in the story. so i wouldn't know, or care really. the story is the main thing.

i heart edward cullen.

Norcinu

Charliezard
HSC
Girls who swoon over the book make me facepalm and hate my gender.

The characters are flat, the story is flat, the moral is short coming, WHY YOU PEOPLE WHY?

Nether the less, I am in the midst of reading the book and laughing, tears.

HSC
N/A
"Are you afraid of me?"
"No. The only thing I'm afraid of is the thought of losing you"

hahahhahaha

PaigeyDee

HSC
I havent read it and i dont want to. people described it to me and i was like it sounds mushy and i bet it completely screws the vampire genre. they go out in sunlight don't they? i bet the main char is good and doesn't kill people eh? he is all "good" right? Vampires are evil that the whole dam point! Read anne rice its actually good. Twilight is a mainstream mutilation of the genre. and jesus don't you think these girls could just go out and buy bodice rippers? do they really need watered down blood drinking euphimisms for sex? ppl dont believe me when i say that but 1)look at their faces as they read 2) Read a passage aloud probably something along the lines of "he moaned and pressed her to him as the blood ran down her chin"

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
PaigeyDee said:
Read anne rice its actually good.
You just lost the argument.

Anne Rice is almost worse than Meyer because she TRIES to do the whole epic thing and fails spectacularly.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
hermand said:
how can you love twilight?!

do we really need to take life that seriously, and have to read classics and all that crap, and why would we want to read hardcore sci fi?

as to her writing style, i kind of don't pay attention, i just HATE the story. so i wouldn't know, or care really. the story i HAAATTTEEE!!!!!.

i HATE edward cullen.
Good work.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
AHH! I love Twilight! It's not amazingly life-changing or anything, but such a good series :D

Can't wait to see the movie!

boris

Banned
HSC
tbh i reckon i could bash the fuck out of edward cullen. then i would root bella

hjdougherty

HSC
weeellll
i recently bought twilight and kinda hated myself for doing it because all my friends are in love with it and i felt extremely conformist haha but i was in an airport and really bored...so anyway
im about halfway through and im sorry but the story is unoriginal and the heroine is designed to be generic so that the readers can imagine themselves as her. Its basically a trashy trumped up romance novel which is so easy to read and get hooked on that people get obsessed. I dont know how many other books you guys have read but i know that a lot of my friends dont read much and yet they read this, thus they have not much to compare it to. my opinion might be like this because i had high expectations for it, dont get me wrong its pretty hard to put down but thats because it was written for that purpose, as a tween sensation.
i really hope i dont sound pretentious ha

boris

Banned
HSC
hjdougherty said:
weeellll
i recently bought twilight and kinda hated myself for doing it because all my friends are in love with it and i felt extremely conformist haha but i was in an airport and really bored...so anyway
im about halfway through and im sorry but the story is unoriginal and the heroine is designed to be generic so that the readers can imagine themselves as her. Its basically a trashy trumped up romance novel which is so easy to read and get hooked on that people get obsessed. I dont know how many other books you guys have read but i know that a lot of my friends dont read much and yet they read this, thus they have not much to compare it to. my opinion might be like this because i had high expectations for it, dont get me wrong its pretty hard to put down but thats because it was written for that purpose, as a tween sensation.
i really hope i dont sound pretentious ha
Holy shit, a girl with half a brain???? :confused: :confused:

hjdougherty

HSC
oh yeah, fictional vampire characters that kill and eat animals with their bare hands and have to suppress their craving for human blood. thats our 'type'.
btw.
'holy shit a girl with half a brain'. come on man. how did that not sound EXTREME sexist when you wrote that down?

boris

Banned
HSC
:confused:
hjdougherty said:
oh yeah, fictional vampire characters that kill and eat animals with their bare hands and have to suppress their craving for human blood. thats our 'type'.
btw.
'holy shit a girl with half a brain'. come on man. how did that not sound EXTREME sexist when you wrote that down?
Because i assumed that some people have a sense of humour :confused:

A little bit of a joke. Based on the general consensus that the average reader of Twilight is of below average intelligence? Probably lighten up a little eh

hjdougherty

HSC
yeah i know what you meant. just bored and thought id point it out :p

i dont know about the consensus thing though...quite a lot of my friends that read it are very smart they just fall down a bit with twilight....romance novels make some girls go a bit off track. like chick flicks. then they dont understand why at age 30 they still have not had various handsome men fighting over them until a hero comes and whisks them away to some far off land

boris

Banned
HSC
hjdougherty said:
yeah i know what you meant. just bored and thought id point it out :p

i dont know about the consensus thing though...quite a lot of my friends that read it are very smart they just fall down a bit with twilight....romance novels make some girls go a bit off track. like chick flicks. then they dont understand why at age 30 they still have not had various handsome men fighting over them until a hero comes and whisks them away to some far off land
Yeah its a general consensus on Bored of studies i guess.

hjdougherty

HSC
che this is true. some of them do sound a bit dumb. should go read a real book like the tales of the otori it has samurai warrior/ninja types, way better than vampires. has anyone else read tales of the otori? did you not feel that the random homosexual parts couldve been left out and were a tad unneccessary?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)