twilight series (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
hjdougherty said:
che this is true. some of them do sound a bit dumb. should go read a real book like the tales of the otori it has samurai warrior/ninja types, way better than vampires. has anyone else read tales of the otori? did you not feel that the random homosexual parts couldve been left out and were a tad unneccessary?
No idea what you are talking about, but please, continue.

hjdougherty

HSC
tales of the otori is a fictional series by lian hearn and is about a secret group of people in japan who have powers such as splitting themselves in two and the like. basically its about japanese assasins and you all should read it instead of twilight.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well some people (like myself) actually like the paranormal genre - when it's done right. Twilight's romantic claptrap and doesn't count.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
twilight is not the best thing ever written; stephanie meyer is a different writer than most others.
still, its ok. good read

(ps. is anyone here a jacob fan? i love him :D)

HSC
^yeah.

I think people here are taking this too seriously, the characters are what make this book good.

&iheartjacob. Jasper is pure awesomeness& Edward is just too shit.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
$hiftyIceQueen said:
^yeah.

I think people here are taking this too seriously, the characters are what make this book good.

&iheartjacob. Jasper is pure awesomeness& Edward is just too shit.
Lol yeah. Jacob = warmth and love
Edward = cold

AHHH I love Jacob :D

HSC
gloworm14 said:
catherine isnt gonna be back to direct new moon, what a shame.

http://www.edwardandbella.net/?p=1190#more-1190
lol why is it a shame? I heard the movie wasn't that great, and that alot of it had to do with her. I really want to see it, to see if it's as bad as everyone says it is.

x.christina- yeah, plus he's funny [at times], edwards too friggin' serious from Bellas POV. In Midnight Sun [?] he was awesome though.

suzlee

HSC
I saw the movie. Wasn't as bad as I expected... But it still wasn't 'good' good.

The whole thing was just a looooooong stream of events without that capture or tension but that's probably because I already knew the entire plot :mad1:
OH and the special effects and music SUCKED.

Good to get it over with though. Waited long enough for it :eek:

boris

Banned
HSC
He drinks blood? How is that perfect? He is pale and gay looking?

latinorulz

HSC
i haven't even read the book, and i know, i know, don't judge a book by it's cover....

...but seriously, if you're a guy, and you've read this book... grow a penis, please. vaginas are, surprisingly, not that attractive on guys.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Disenchanted said:
I reckon the book is awsome because i love the supernatural :spin:
Except Ed isn't supernatural. Stephanie Meyer basically shits all over vampirical lore with her books:

1) Vampires cannot survive in direct sunlight. It is anathema to them because they are creatures of the night. Sunlight causes them discomfort, pain and death, though the progression depends on the author.

2) Vampires are soulless creatures. They can make decisions, but they cannot understand the difference between right and wrong the way Ed can. They are a representation of evil, a manifestation of it, and thus do not have consciences.

3) Vampires cannot express complex emotions like love. The cannot breathe, much less fall for someone. They are driven by their need for blood to sustain them, and like all creatures, they obey their basic drives.

4) Vampires cannot reproduce by normal human means. Depending upon the author, sexual relations between vampires and humans will result in a stillbirth, the child being parasitic and kiling the mother, or the human being irreprably traumatised by the experience. Vampires can only reproduced by draining the blood of another and creating another vampire that way.

Ed isn't supernatural; nothing about the Meyerverse is. For the purposes of a comparison, Ed is basically a blind man who developed the ability to see, but still cals himself blind.

melli-girl

HSC
HaylieJaed said:
I've read it, and I don't understand why nobody else has responded to this post.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but the last book was...rather disappointing, in my opinion. I was delighted when I found the Twilight series. It beats Harry Potter by miles with its storyline alone. It truly is an amazing series!!

If you haven't read it, I suggest that you do so. Everybody I know is reading it - including my best friend, who hates reading! She finished the series faster than my mother did, and my mother reads extremely fast!!

They're amazing...

=O really? you thought the last HP book was disappointing? i loved it! maybe its cause im a massive fan of harry potter.

However i love twilight too. I just don't think people should keep comparing these two series', because they're so different, and awesome in their own way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)