Type or Write? (1 Viewer)

K4M1N3

HSC
Nice, a 12:30 am discussion :p

I personally would say type, but some people are kinetic learners, so physically writing out each word or hand drawing a diagram helps them remember and might help understand a concept better. But yeah im all for word processed notes! (OneNote is a gem for collating notes btw)

RandoM_TerroR

あなたの背中に!
HSC
i guess typing is a LOT faster but... its hard to get the information to stick for me ;/
i guess its only me? ;(

Aysce

HSC
Imo writing, sticks in my head unlike reading and typing notes on a computer (Y)

Psychology

HSC
Get a small notebook. Write syllabus dot points and write the information below them. Best way for me at least. Never the less the best way to study, is through practicality.

timmyt

HSC
you are going to be writing your final exams so it makes sense to write your notes...

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Both. Write everything for English and maths. Everything else type up notes. Then print them. Read and highlight em. Then just write out heaps of past papers to practice your knowledge and writing speed. Your writing speed should be sufficient if your always writing out English essays.

muzeikchun852

HSC
type : faster, efficient when you want to change something.
----cons : waste a lot of ink / paper.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
type : faster, efficient when you want to change something.
----cons : waste a lot of ink / paper.
Also quicker when you want to find something you need to study, E.g. just Ctrl - F and type whatever you're looking for.

clry

HSC
Personally, I prefer to type and then print and highlight. That's just preference. As for essays, I'll do a draft on the computer, but always write it out to make sure I can write it in the required time (as in my creative writing for example, I can write more in 40 minutes than an essay)

rogerlam

HSC
I definitely prefer to write, cause I don't always have a computer with me and when I do, I'm too easy distracted lols :p

yew

HSC
Personally, I prefer to type and then print and highlight. That's just preference. As for essays, I'll do a draft on the computer, but always write it out to make sure I can write it in the required time (as in my creative writing for example, I can write more in 40 minutes than an essay)
completely agree. for the assessments i just memorised them by rote, but exams are a different situation

imZerroo

HSC
I write. So much more easier to memorise when you have written them yourself.
I don't think it's very time consuming tbh. It took me in total ~6 hours to do one bio topic.
However, it's very hard to change and stuff when you write and it can get messy some time.
But yeh, I would rather write than type even if i dont have much time.

RandoM_TerroR

あなたの背中に!
HSC
I write. So much more easier to memorise when you have written them yourself.
I don't think it's very time consuming tbh. It took me in total ~6 hours to do one bio topic.
However, it's very hard to change and stuff when you write and it can get messy some time.
But yeh, I would rather write than type even if i dont have much time.
6 hours??? what the fuck!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Get a small notebook. Write syllabus dot points and write the information below them. Best way for me at least. Never the less the best way to study, is through practicality.
Writing notes out seems to be best for me also, in uni now. I find that the ability to write out the words and articulate your own knowledge in the form of diagrams and images helps the information stick.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
In my opinion i'd prefer typing.... Because my writing is messy and i tend remember my notes much more clearly if its typed.

jasmint

HSC
Writing - gives you all the freedom you might need in structuring the content. Typing seems less flexible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)