N/A
ours came in today
but they werent distributed

(grr)

going to get them tomorrow :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
what UAC guides already? dont they come out AFTER we put in our preferences so that they can put in the expected uai cut offs? hmmmmm no this has now officially scared me

bex

HSC
erm how are you meant to put in preferences without full descriptions of the courses? When UAC publish uai cut offs in their book, they are the cut offs from LAST years HSC and are a guide to what could be expected in this years HSC. Then you put in your preferences, and after the hsc is all over and you have your UAI'S they send out university offers and on the same day publish the UAI cut offs for your year. After those cut offs are released students can choose whether or not they want to accept their first offer or go into the 2nd, late or the final round of offers.

^___^
HSC
one q's....i'm looking at p97 Sydney Uni where 512095 is B science/B arts or Bscience(advanced)/B Arts and the cut off is 86.05...
but technically B Science(advanced) 512041 alone is 96.15...can someone explain why?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
UAC guides are out??? YAY! Although... my school will prolly make us wait till next monday :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I have to buy a damn UAC book...$14... =/

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by ...
one q's....i'm looking at p97 Sydney Uni where 512095 is B science/B arts or Bscience(advanced)/B Arts and the cut off is 86.05...
but technically B Science(advanced) 512041 alone is 96.15...can someone explain why?
more High UAI ppl want to do B Sc (Adv) rather than combining it with B A.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Minai.. you loking at changing courses? LOL, why do you need to UAC guide?

(sorry if that sounded rude.. )

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah...I wanna try for Law...or at least Commerce, but i'll decide whether to take those offers if I get them after I do my second semester subjects (to see whether I hate econometrics/statistics, lol)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
what UAC guides already? dont they come out AFTER we put in our preferences so that they can put in the expected uai cut offs? hmmmmm no this has now officially scared me

nah losty, the UAC guide doesn't actually 'predict' the estimated UAI cut-offs for you guys. It merely tells youse what the cut-offs were for the 2003 intake (i.e 2002 high school graduates).

... (fuck man your nick is so confusing) : B science (advanced) is not the same as B science. the little 'advanced' makes it a whole heap harder to get into. cos it's, uhh, advanced.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Yeah...I wanna try for Law...or at least Commerce, but i'll decide whether to take those offers if I get them after I do my second semester subjects (to see whether I hate econometrics/statistics, lol)
..? Aren't you already doing commerice minai..?

and oops, bex already answered your question losty :p

^___^
HSC
but read pg77, course 512095, strangely it reads...

B Science/B Arts or B Science(advacned)/B Arts or B Science(advanced maths)/B Arts

so i'm wondering, why would the course mark be the same when u can chose either science or science(advanced)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by johnson
..? Aren't you already doing commerice minai..?
I'm doing a Bachelor of Economics rite now...difference is that I have to do some compulsory econometrics/statistics which I wont like...so I'm still deciding whether to do Commerce and major in accounting instead

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by ...
In practice, the cut-off is not actually the same, and the cut-off for the advanced program applies instead.

Whilst you might be accepted into the BSc(Adv)/BA program, you wouldn't be allowed to enrol in any subjects at the advanced level unless (1) you had a UAI equal to or greater than the advanced cut-off or (2) you performed particularly well in a related HSC course.

is a roflcopter
HSC
theres no sight of them at our school :(
whens the deadline for the preferences to be put in?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Early August 2003 - Applications for semester 1, 2004 open

Tues 30 September 2003 - On-time applications close

Fri 31 October 2003 - Late applications close (+$80 late fee)

Fri 28 November 2003 - Late applications close (+$90 late fee)

Tues 3 February 2004 - Final closing date for applications (+$100 late fee)

After submitting your preferences, you'll be able to change them up until 5 January (for the main round of offers).

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
In practice, the cut-off is not actually the same, and the cut-off for the advanced program applies instead.

Whilst you might be accepted into the BSc(Adv)/BA program, you wouldn't be allowed to enrol in any subjects at the advanced level unless (1) you had a UAI equal to or greater than the advanced cut-off or (2) you performed particularly well in a related HSC course.
i'm a bit confused...from the paragraph, u mean the 86.80 uai applies for the Bscience(adv)/B arts? rather than Bscience alone?? so the Bscience/B arts have a lower uai cut off then?

i'm confused by the second part...u said if i got accepted into BSC(Adv)/BA, i can't enroll an advanced level?? but u just said i got accepted into BSC(adv)...

sorry, i am a bit stubborn

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL Melbournian, I don't think even NSW newsagencies have them yet ;) Schools are still handing them out, so you'll prolly have to wait till August when they go on sale to get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)