UAC Guide! (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by ...
i'm a bit confused...from the paragraph, u mean the 86.80 uai applies for the Bscience(adv)/B arts? rather than Bscience alone?? so the Bscience/B arts have a lower uai cut off then?
No. The cut-off for the B Science (Advanced) program, which is 96.15, in practice overrides the lower published cut-off of 86.80.

The only difference between the BSc and the BSc(Adv) programs is that the BSc(Adv) gives you automatic entry into subjects at the advanced level, and the BSc(Adv) has a minimum number of subjects to be completed at the advanced level.

i'm confused by the second part...u said if i got accepted into BSC(Adv)/BA, i can't enroll an advanced level?? but u just said i got accepted into BSC(adv)...
The criteria for taking advanced subjects (at least at USYD) is along the lines of:

1) a UAI equal to or greater than the BSc(Adv) cut-off
OR
2) an HSC mark in the top 10% of the state in a related subject

So, whilst you could enrol in the BSc(Adv) program with a lower UAI, you would need to satisfy the second criterion for every advanced subject that you wanted to take. At least in your first year; advanced subjects in later years only require a distinction in earlier subjects.

I think the BSc(Adv)/BA combo is published with a lower cut-off so that students who have a UAI less than 96.15 can still do the advanced program if they have excelled in a particular area. Or, perhaps the published cut-off is just plain wrong. You could find out directly from USYD (try their admissions centre).

RIZAL

HSC
99.95???

just had a quick perusal of the new UAC guide.....One thing that caught my eye was the cut-off for B Business Administration (International Studies) at Macquarie in 2002.
It says that the cut-off was 99.95.
Now, was that the actual main round cut-off for that course? If so, is that a record for highest ever main round cut-off? Thanks peeps.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I think so dude!

It was coz they only took it like less than 10 ppl or sumthing, I cant remember the exact figure, but it was small! Ask around to see who does it at ur uni

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
...hey, this may be a dumb question, but where do we get out UAC numbers from? does our school give them to us? or does UAC? just a bit confused here.. ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by White Rabbit
...hey, this may be a dumb question, but where do we get out UAC numbers from? does our school give them to us? or does UAC? just a bit confused here.. ;)
the login is your student number (same number as your UAC number),
e.g. 13520241 (sorry if this is anyone's number!)

and the PIN will be sent to you in the mail.

hsc results: your student ID, and your boardofstudies PIN (given to you in the mail in september or around there? maybe around hsc time oct/nov? i can't remember)

uai: again, your student ID and PIN

(i remember trying to get my UAI last yr when i had only completed 2u maths hsc, 'not eligible for UAI' hehe, so i must have used my student ID and PIN)

:)

you'll get everything in the mail anyway, so even if you have forgotten your student ID, they'll send them to you in your record of achievement.

i found this guy's UAI on the web, thought he/she was good :)
that's just an example of what you'll see when you log into UAC to view your UAI this year.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gregorymarr/hsc/UAI.htm

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
btw...wen u log into get ur UAI, dont expect any tense delay for the page to load...it loads instantly and ur hit with ur UAI...I remember the moment

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hey, at least it's not in giant black digits that fill up the entire screen... :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
which moment was worse - checking hsc scores or the uai?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Newbie
which moment was worse - checking hsc scores or the uai?
HSC scores
coz UAI...everyone was sorta predicting theirs so u had a rough idea anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)