• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ufc/mma (1 Viewer)

Hornby

Banned
HSC
UFC 92, very good pay per view - Quick results for anyone:

Prelim fights:

Patrick Barry def. Dan Evensen via TKO (injury) -- Round 1, 2:36.

Vicious Leg kick caused his Knee to give way.

Matt Hamill def. Reese Andy via TKO (strikes) -- Round 2, 2:19.

Antoni Hardonk def. Mike Wessel via TKO (strikes) -- Round 2, 2:09.

Main fights:

Cheick Kongo def. Mostapha Al-Turk via TKO (strikes) -- Round 1, 4:37.

Funny little fight, Al-Turk hit Kongo with low blow about 2 minutes, then Kongo responded in kind a minute later. Kongo with thee VICIOUS ground and pound win. (All in all the fight took about 10 minutes)

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson def. Wanderlei Silva via KO (punch) -- Round 1, 3:21.

One Left Hook and Wanderlei was out cold.

C.B. Dollaway def. Mike Massenzio via TKO (strikes) -- Round 1, 3:01.

Dollaway mounted Massenzio, Massenzio gave his back and didn't intelligibly defend himself.

Frank Mir def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via TKO (punches) -- Round 2, 1:54.

What a shock this was. Mir dominated the fight from the standup, knocked down Nog three times and with the third knockdown went for some Ground and Pound and finished Nog for the first time to become the interim heavyweight champion, setting up a superfight with Lesnar.

Rashad Evans def. Forrest Griffin via TKO (punches) -- Round 3, 2:46

First two rounds easily went to Griffin with Evans no match for Griffin's leg kicks. In third, Evans took Griffin down and went to work with some brutal Ground and Pound to become the Light Heavyweight Champ.

All in all a great card with all 8 ending by knockout, I'd give knockout of the night to Rampage for that left hook on Wanderlei. Anybody else's thoughts on the PPV?

Mozza91

HSC
I was and still am in shock over Nog I thought he had Mir covered something is up with him he could go 5 rounds with Fedor but got owned by Mir
Rampage's knockout was mint me and my mates went up Wandy was gooone
great PPV some serious upsets

kuytbird

HSC
Got in quick and saw the Silva Jackson fight on youtube. He got laid out...
Silva led with the same punch pattern kinda thing for the first 3 mins....did anyone else pick that up or was it just me?

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Nope you were dead on, and he was so cautious and looked a shell of his former self. For anyone who watches TUF 8, what are the odds of Junie getting thrown out of the house?

This is one of the better Ultimate Fighters as far as reality shows go.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
The sport has changed so much over the years. My favourites are still Rickson and Kazushi Sakuraba. Old school I know, but legends nevertheless.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
To be honest I haven't seen Rickson fight, but Sakuraba is awesome, I'd have to say that his most memorable fight was against Royce Graycie, where they kept going extra round after extra round.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Hornby said:
To be honest I haven't seen Rickson fight, but Sakuraba is awesome, I'd have to say that his most memorable fight was against Royce Graycie, where they kept going extra round after extra round.
One could say Royce literally asked for it (the rules about the rounds)... and Sakuraba took advantage of those rules and stuck it to him.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
^ Not really, he got outscored by Forrest the first two rounds, and Forrest got caught and then used a shit guard, which caused him to ground and pounded the way he did. Rashad looked very uncertain with himself.

Mozza91

HSC
Hornby said:
Nope you were dead on, and he was so cautious and looked a shell of his former self. For anyone who watches TUF 8, what are the odds of Junie getting thrown out of the house?

This is one of the better Ultimate Fighters as far as reality shows go.
Junie is a fool he will not win Vinny for light heavyweight
Efrain looks good or Fillipe for the lightweights although Dana comparing him to GSP tonight was definatly overrating the kid

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Mozza91 said:
Junie is a fool he will not win Vinny for light heavyweight
Efrain looks good or Fillipe for the lightweights although Dana comparing him to GSP tonight was definatly overrating the kid
Vinny will not win Light Heavyweight.. he is Royce Gracie version 2.0, far too one dimensional, however I do agree with you on the lightweights. I'll make my judgment on the light heavyweights based on this weeks match, which should be awesome.

Mozza91

HSC
Hornby said:
Vinny will not win Light Heavyweight.. he is Royce Gracie version 2.0, far too one dimensional, however I do agree with you on the lightweights. I'll make my judgment on the light heavyweights based on this weeks match, which should be awesome.
Who do you think will win Ryan Bader if Vinny doesn't?
If Vinny learns to stand up he could be anything he's so good on the mat

Hornby

Banned
HSC
I want to see that bald headed dude, with the polish name fight first cause I think he is very solid. And yes If Vinny concentrated on his striking, he would be such an awesome fighter but at the moment he is not up to the standards of Bader and the Balded head dude, his name is like Kristoff or something.

Mozza91

HSC
17 days until Fedor beats another former UFC fighter thus sticking it up Dana a bit more

Hornby

Banned
HSC
I'm wondering if Main Event are going to show that Affliction event, they have done once previously, anyway Fedor should beat Arlovski, but it should be an awesome fight nonetheless.

Mozza91

HSC
Hornby said:
I'm wondering if Main Event are going to show that Affliction event, they have done once previously, anyway Fedor should beat Arlovski, but it should be an awesome fight nonetheless.
I hope they do if not updates on the internet which sucks ass
Also Forrest Griffin was on Law and Order tonight why I do not know

Hornby

Banned
HSC
^ Who has there face on the side of their escape vehicle.

What's everybody's thoughts on UFC 93, The only two fights I'm interested in are Coleman vs Rua, and Henderson vs Franklin. I'll post full predictions later next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)