• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ufc/mma (1 Viewer)

Mozza91

HSC
Franklin vs Henderson should be really good
But the return of Shogun is why I'm excited he'll dominate Coleman no doubt

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
anyone see kaplan get knocked the fuck out by lawlor on episode 9 of TUF?

i actually lol'd at his pathetic explanation.

"...did it knock me down? yeah...but i wasnt uhh - i wasn't knocked out"

Mozza91

HSC
Izzay said:
anyone see kaplan get knocked the fuck out by lawlor on episode 9 of TUF?

i actually lol'd at his pathetic explanation.

"...did it knock me down? yeah...but i wasnt uhh - i wasn't knocked out"
They're both stupid drinking each others piss WTF

Hornby

Banned
HSC
i reckon this season has been much better then previous all the pranks, I laughed how Mir goes he's much more athletic then nog after the challenge. What are your thoughts on the Sir Hugs-a-lot vs Roop match, third round? I can see how the Judges scored it two rounds to none, Roop's takedon swayed it, but it should have gone three.

Oh I forgot to add, Never... ever fuck with man's marshmallows either.

Mozza91

HSC
Roop just had him on the ground but wasn't doing anything John got jipped though it doesn't upset me too much John is a douchebag

Hornby

Banned
HSC
John is the man, Nog loves the kid.

Anyone catch Fight Girls at all? It was wierd watching Women's Muay Thai, but Gina Carino is simply awesome.

Mozza91

HSC
Hornby said:
John is the man, Nog loves the kid.
He's a tough kid and suprised me with how good his striking was but he's so lame if I in the house with him for more then a week I'd go insane

Hornby

Banned
HSC
The Greatest Fight Card Ever? Doubt it, I watched Rua vs Coleman and Franklin vs Henderson (Didn't order it). My God, Coleman vs Rua boring as bat shit, that's consecutive times Shogun has looked shit in fights. Franklin vs Henderson was a pretty solid fight, Henderson kept Franklin away with his left and Franklin couldn't effectively strike. Anybody elses thoughts

So, no word of Main Event showing the Fedor vs Arlovski fight, so I'm gonna have to find myself a stream to watch it.

Mozza91

HSC
I heard Shogun was sloppy he's fighting Liddell next at 97

Hornby

Banned
HSC
^Yep, That might co-main event with Silva vs Leites at UFC 97,

As for the Ultimate Fighter Finale the match ups are set:

Bader vs Vinny - This one is tough because it's so much like Krystoff vs Vinny although the difference is Bader's amateur wrestling background will be nullified and Krystoff's stand-up is markedly better. It will either end in Knockout to Bader or Submission to Vinny. I'll go Submission by Vinny late in first round

Nover vs Escudero - All the performances in the show suggest that Nover is the stronger fighter, however anything can happen. I'll go TKO Stoppage to Nover in the second round

Mozza91

HSC
Day of Reckoning is not on PPV just checked total bs I hate play by play on the internet

Hornby

Banned
HSC
If you do find a live stream of the event pm me and vice versa, Fedor should kill Arlovski

flip.c

HSC
N/A
UFC is shit mate, and its not the spot of mixed martial arts, its an organisation that treats their fighters like shit and buy out other better organisations. they even get cunts like brock lesnar to shame our sport of mma.

either way, mma is just the fucking best.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
^Mir vs Lesnar II to unify the belts is co- headlining UFC 98 on May 23rd with Serra vs Hughes

UFC is shit mate, and its not the spot of mixed martial arts, its an organisation that treats their fighters like shit and buy out other better organisations. they even get cunts like brock lesnar to shame our sport of mma.

either way, mma is just the fucking best.
UFC is the number one MMA company and yes I also have to agree that Pride was better then UFC in terms of talent, but UFC buying Pride just provided us with superfights which ultimately has evolved the sport. Brock Lesnar shaming the sport really? In what way is he shaming the sport, you mean he's come in and all bar the rookie mistake made in the Mir fight, he's looked awesome. He's actually bringing in the wrestling fan base into UFC and he has the credentials (Two Time NCAA All American), He handled Couture (past his prime or not) and absolutely dominated Heath Herring. Mir vs Lesnar II will be great.

This treating fighters like shit thing that you bring up. Could it be that the fighters aren't getting paid enough? Cause the only people who seem to bitch about their pay are the guys who are getting paid the most Because outside of base pay, Dana has said publicly and proved with Randy that he does treat his fighters well - IF they perform well. I forget who it was that was interviewed, but they said that Dana treats his fighters very well and stated things such as if he wasn't on a card and wanted to go see it, then the UFC would fly him and a guest out, put them up in a hotel and give them front row tickets. He even said that the tickets alone were worth $1,000 which was awesome for him.

The bottom line is the fighters KNOW what they are getting into when THEY SIGN their contract. The fighters have agents who explain all the terms and conditions of the contract to them. That's what agents do.

Dana White love him or hate him has done a tremendous job with building the sport. He still is the best guy for the job as he truly cares about it more than anything else.

Oh, but I do agree with your last point.

Mozza91

HSC
Nice knockout by Fedor, Arlovski did well but made the mistake of going for the flying knee and Fedor hit him nice quick KO
Also Lindland was fucked after his fight

Last edited:

Mozza91

HSC
Total domination by Bader and a good fight between Efrain and Phillipe, Efrain was great and deserved the win
Junie has improved immensly he's no longer sloppy and really dominated Kaplan the little shit may have a future if Dana wants to put up with his shit

Hornby

Banned
HSC
UFC 94 has come and gone and all I have to say is woah at GSP, He looks invincible at 170, he'll deal with Alves pretty easily I'd imagine. I'll call it, We'll have GSP vs Silva by years end. Now that will be an awesome match.

Nice knockout by Machida on Thiago Silva, Machida vs Evans should be the next Light Heavyweight title fight.

kuytbird

HSC
yeah GSP was all over him. Penn looked out of it middway through the third. Never got to see round 5. Was it called before the end?

el gwapo

HSC
Trainer stoppage at the end of round three IIRC.

Fucking love GSP.
Round 3 or 4? I think it was at the end of Round 4.

It was a thorough demolition which had GSP showing off both his ground skills as well as his stand-up (Round 2).

It's a shame MMA isn't as big here in Australia as in other places. Where boxing is big MMA tends to get similar interest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)