Umat 2004 (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
Who is doing the umat this july? Any preparations of any sort? I don't know how to prepare. I've heard people getting UMat programs and others getting tutoring. Anyone getting any? Or should i tackle the Umat head on and hope for the best

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
It depends on you. I'm doing the UMAT this year and i'm doing a prep course (tommorw :)). mainly because i really want to do dentistry and everyone around me that i knew at was doing one, so i kinda felt a bit peer pressured. although i havnt started my prep course yet, i've borrowed my friend's books, and if i hadnt have read them, then i would been absolutely clueless in the exam. I think its good to go to a prep course so that you know what you're tackling. i know everyone says its a waste of money, but me personally, i think its a good idea for poeple like me, who really want to get in and need a little boost. BTW, its too late to sign up for prep courses anyway, also i heard at ruse, the have UMAT study group, where they actually study the UMAT :p :rolleyes:

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
im doing the UMAT this year... i did the Dallas prep course... its good because it lets you know what your up against so you dont have all the confusion and that on test day

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
Personally, i think UMAT prep courses are very useful and they certainly helped me in the UMAT. At least u'll be familiar with the types of Qs u'll get and u wont get such a shock. Despite saying this, dont only think that the Qs in the prep courses r the only Qs u'll get on the UMAT...the ppl at ACER could always add new types in as they did last year.
Good luck :)

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah my gf is doing it so if you see a short, cute asian girl then say hi...

hehehe that'll probably account for over 50% of the people there but anyways

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
umat... it can either make or break ure chances at med/dent..
id agree with kimmeh tho..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
nah .. sorri.. even at ruse i wasnt that geeky.. :p sorri kimmeh u are possibly MORE (<==read it!) geekier than ruse ppl
we got a group discount instead.. so asian..

korry

HSC
N/A
hey i went today and yesterday too.

i thought the whole thing was pretty good...yeah talk about fat books especially for Section 3 :eek:

Wohzazz

HSC
Dammit. I am so screwed for the UMAT. I didn't really look out for it when after my disappointing half yearlies. Suffered a kinda period of depression and lack of motivation. And now the prep courses are over.....

What to do now? I think i'll have trouble with the third section mainly. Very hard indeed. I got like 2 out of the 4 questions on the sample question. I also saw some extra ones from a friend and that is all. I really need help. Anyone know of places where I could get some questions or buy a program with questions. Any websites as such? I've heard of some online program that you could get with questions but dont know where. Please I need some help and really need to get through UMat. Or else i would just have to rely on my logic and that isnt going to take me all the way.

BTW, i'm doing the Umat at Glebe. Is everyone in Sydney going there? When i heard the place, i was like "WHAT?". Then i found at it was near Ultimo. DOnt know how i am going to get there though.

Msg me if me for any UMat help, because i need it. Your fellow UMATer

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Wohazz, if all you want is familiarity with the test format as opposed to intensive practice:

A.) http://www.superkeeneye.com/
10 practice questions
B.) www.acer.edu.au/umat
I think they have a separate pdf with 17 questions. Their info booklet also has 6.
C.) http://www.medentry.com.au/
12 practice questions

On top of this, you can get hundreds of questions from mensa, agoneyes, lsat prep, high iq society and various puzzle books. And swindle off your friends!

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Tommy lamp: undergraduate exam by ACER required for courses medicine and dentistry as part of the selection process.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
So many ppl sit the UMAT.. just be prepared for the like mutli storey complex with about a 1000 on each level...... then multiple it by 2 .. for the two sessions.. thats who u r up against in ure state... just take it easy.. dun let the sheer size scare u.. :) gd luck kimmeh and others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)