Umat 2005 (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't know what the specific income thresholds are, go to www.centrelink.gov.au for more information.

And no, there is no thread. Well there might be but I don't care, everything is at the Centrelink website, go find it yourself like I did back in the day. :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
I checked up on the centrelink site for the Health Card. The criteria they provided fit me.
I called up just to re-affirm, before I lodged an application. The lady on the phone was unsure about me being approved as I had "no real need" or something. The fact that my current income is <$5000 p.a didn't help either.

The Health Care Card, according to her, is for younger families with little or no income. [This was followed by a brief history into Centrelink's amazing services which I would prefer not to repeat]:D

So it will probably be the whole $180 (?) for me.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah tell her to STFU. If you earn less money than the threshold stated on the card then you are eligible, regardless of whether you have "no real need" in her eyes. The whole point of the card is to provide people with no money discounts on things like medications (helps me a lot with asthma meds for example) and UMAT sittings.

HSC
i agree with u guys there

calling centrelink is just about the most annoying thing to do

i was applying for student allowance and they said i didn't have enough identification so we sent in some identification

after a month i get a letter saying they still need identification...i called them again saying i already gave it in so they said they'll check

after another month ...still the same letter is sent to me from last month

in the 4th month after i applied and complained they finally said they had received it.... :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)