• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UMAT : Nervous? Excited? Tensed? Suicidal? (1 Viewer)

hollaholla

HSC
See you all there tomorrow. I'm going to shut down this comp and spend the rest of today studying for the test tomorrow. Probably crash out at around 3.00pm and wake up 4.00am Wednesday morning.

Wish me luck friends.

Kindest regards,

Bacilli
that is a LONG nap.

jackiesaurus

HSC
Preparation courses mean nothing... It has been proven time and time again that its a waste of money.

When you do the past papers you are really only learning the format of the exam, and with section 3, the types of patterns that may arise... Also in section one, you learn the sort of questions they ask to distinguish between causation/correlation. You only need to do the three ACER booklets, and then understand where you went wrong. Perhaps look up a few words and thats it.

Of course the first time you do the exam you will get things wrong. Its only natural. ACER tests are different to anything you have done before. Learn the format, and your ready for any thing they may ask you.

I lol at idiots who pay some indians to try and teach them pure and simple logic...

ps. lol and in regards to STAT, my sister took the exam twice (as its run twice a year). Neither time did she have any preparation (besides the 2 booklets you buy)... The first time, she did it with a good nights sleep, food in her stomach etc.. and went well, but nothing special.

The second time she did it after a late night out, was hung over... she got the 3rd highest mark overall, and was pretty much accepted to usyd vet purely on that mark.

Think that speaks for itself.
Good reply. I forgot to say that with UMAT i think its either you have it or yu don't. You dont need someone to teach you logic when you're at this age. And even if they did, it wouldn't benefit you much, maybe just calm your nerves more so you're more familiar with all this stuff. lol, hung over? Wow your sister become superhuman with the consumption of alchohol or something, isn't it the other way around?
Anyway its tomorow. Good luck to evryone who does it, i am for sure fail. First and last section. For sure fail badly.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
lol. u need positive attitude else u will also fail s2. there are many examples of people who have had arguments, breakups, accidents etc going into the umat. and believe me, the results really show how important ur mental state is to obtaining the best score. mind u, it doesnt apply to every1. some ppl do better when they are angry and depressed cuz they see the exam as an outlet for their bottle up emotions. so go with what u find has worked for u, but just warning others out there who arent aware.

lychnobity

HSC
I am sort of apprehensive.. don't think I'll do well at all. Especially section 3, I keep averaging about 12/30 .. haha

Anyway, I heard you have to get to the test venue 2 hours early, is this true?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
that is a LONG nap.
you will need the sleep... i will crash in a couple of minutes thanks to codeine and red wine and wont awake until 4-5am...

worst thing you could do is attempt the test while tired...

dolbinau

HSC
I am sort of apprehensive.. don't think I'll do well at all. Especially section 3, I keep averaging about 12/30 .. haha

Anyway, I heard you have to get to the test venue 2 hours early, is this true?

Never heard of this before today. You think people would turn up at 6am homebush? (For the Sydney people)? lol.

jules.09

HSC
Haha, I'm arriving there at 7:30 at any rate. I live around 20 minutes away..

Jeeze, UMAT has probably been the single most seen, equally dreaded acronym of the day.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
what time does everyone start?

i've got 8:45 arrival time at armidale.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hehe i have a friend who has to get there at 8 but the rest are at ~12.

Good luck everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)