Umat Results (1 Viewer)

tambam

HSC
Re: Umat

And if I said That you weren't good enough and that you should give up now because it doesn't suit you that would be fine, right?

Contradicts what you said before completely.

Yes, but you didn't say this before, you just said that the people that got shit UMAT scores aren't suited and shouldn't try without even bothering to find out why we had chosen to do med.
Neither of my parents want me to do med.
If you go back and reread what I wrote, I said that not everyone is suited for Med, but if you're still set on it there are other options, like post grad Med at usyd.
Bad luck if you didn't do as well as expected guys :(
But maybe youre not really cut out for med, and will actually be better off in other careers.
Or if you're really set on Med, do post grad or try again next year, but don't be one of those guys who go back again every single year and still never do well

And also, I'm pretty much guaranteed the first part of my career goal, the rest is more of a, we'll see how I go and decide later

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC

Riproot dont shoot down tambam, she is just trying to be supportive. Trust me I know what your feeling, its tough and the reality of it is if your really passionate, it hurts a whole lot more. Personally I have given up on trying for medicine because I realise that I will never be good enough to get in. What hurts even more is that I know I tried my 100% best during the HSC and I wasnt even close to making medicine. Even a year after coming to this realisation its still very crushing - I'd do law at university and I always think "man, how much better would med be then this shit". Unfortunately there is nothing you can do and taking out your frustrations on tambam isnt going to help. Just focus on your HSC and assess your options later on in the year - that is all you can do. Sorry I cant give you a magic solution but thats my two cents.

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A

like I said somewhere in the thread, I know of girl who tops physics, chem and Engineering studies in my school and scored 0-20%. I am not even 1/2 as smart as she is and I scored in the 97th percentile. I don't think the UMAT, is necessarily a test of intelligence and I can assure you that there is no way that I am smarter than that girl..but when it came to the UMAT, for some reason I did better than she did..however, at the end of it, I know she'd have a super awesome ATAR and a place that doesn't require UMAT, will grab her - like JCU, griffith, etc.. it doesn't mean you are less smart than the others, perhaps it wasn't your best time. so as easy as it is for me to say it, and I trust it would be difficult for you; just let the UMAT be a distant memory and focus on grabbing that high ATAR - it will definitely give you more options! and hey post grad med is always a possibility!

Chunjeanim

HSC

I just checked mine yesterday and it was the scariest thing ever.
i got overall score of 60 and percentile of 86%..
is that bad...?

apollo1

Banned
HSC

I just checked mine yesterday and it was the scariest thing ever.
i got overall score of 60 and percentile of 86%..
is that bad...?
are u tryin to be arrogant. 86th percentile meeans you beat 86% of the ppl who sat the test. do u think that is bad?

Alkanes

HSC

Good enough for an interview i believe.

apollo1

Banned
HSC

its not enough for half the places for medicine tho lol.
i srsly cannot understand why they make med so hard to get into. ppl just take alternate routes to get in anyway. u might as well let ppl through early on instead of them doing all the postgrad blahblah stuff.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A

i srsly cannot understand why they make med so hard to get into. ppl just take alternate routes to get in anyway. u might as well let ppl through early on instead of them doing all the postgrad blahblah stuff.
what? that makes no sense at all

apollo1

Banned
HSC

what? that makes no sense at all
well lets say a person doesnt get in straight after year 12. they then consider alternate pathways that exist like postgrad. and then most of the time they will eventually get into med. wat im sayin is they shuld ease the selection process so more of these average applicants can get in and hone their medical skills for a few more years rather than doing other degrees and then doing postgrad med. 91 percentile for monash is just ridiculous.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC

well lets say a person doesnt get in straight after year 12. they then consider alternate pathways that exist like postgrad. and then most of the time they will eventually get into med. wat im sayin is they shuld ease the selection process so more of these average applicants can get in and hone their medical skills for a few more years rather than doing other degrees and then doing postgrad med. 91 percentile for monash is just ridiculous.
But a high umat score separates those who are passionate about doing it and those who kinda wanna do it just for money and prestige.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A

But u do realise that the unis don't set the cutoffs. They can only offer a certain number of places and the students with the best marks get those spots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)