Umat Results (1 Viewer)

amour

Female
HSC
Re: Umat

How about Optometry?
Hi Aerath,

Thanks for your advice. I am looking into that field, but I'm unsure my UMAT score will be suffice. Also, isn't the ATAR usually 98+?
What do you study?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Its okay mate, if you feel the need to lash out your frustrations on me I understand.
But seriously, maybe in a few days when you get over it you'll actually take my advice.
Why would I take your advice?
What do you want to do in life?

HSC
Uni Grad

hey riprewt, i can't begin to imagine what you're feeling right now given your family and living conditions

but don't despair, this is only one path, there are a few unis which don't count UMAT and if you're really keen there are plenty of alternative pathways

maybe in 6 months you won't even want to do med anymore

srsly you have 20 years of life worth living left so don't become an hero or anything

mike12345678

HSC

why is it SOOO HIGHHHH??

how bout the other unis like uws or something futher out?

enoilgam

HSC

Commiserations to the people who didnt get the marks they wanted...as an ex-medicine hopeful who bombed the UMAT I know exactly what your going through. Its really tough especially when you want to do med really badly like I did. Just make sure you bounce back in the HSC!

tambam

HSC

Why would I take your advice?
What do you want to do in life?
Going to work in a big 4 accounting firm til I get my CA, then do an MBA at a prestigious university, find my way into a management position and work my way to the top.

And its your choice whether you take my advice, but there are heaps of other options out there for you.
Seriously, it seems like you're really passionate about Med, and if its really what you want, then you should go for it, cos I'm a strong believer in people being able to achieve anything if they're willing to work hard enough for it.

But yeah, I go to my school where every 2nd person wants to do med pretty much just for prestige, money or for their parents. They've spent years and thousands of dollars learning how to do well in umat, and some go to drastically unethical measures to do well academically, and I really don't want a generation of doctors full of people like that. (This is in no way a personal attack on you, I don't think you're one of these people but many are, and I honestly think they'd be way better off in other professions)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

srsly you have 20 years of life worth living left so don't become an hero or anything
20 years? So, I'll die when I'm 37... great.
Don't worry, I'm not becoming an hero.

why is it SOOO HIGHHHH??
how bout the other unis like uws or something futher out?
UWS for students that have lived in WS for 5+ years have 93.5 ATAR cutoff and unknown UMAT cutoff (around 85) and they have to take 50% WS applicants so I could've gotten in if I didn't fuck the UMAT so badly.
Lived in WS all my life and it's what would get me into UWS but it's also what fucked me over in the end... fucking shit...

enoilgam

HSC

, cos I'm a strong believer in people being able to achieve anything if they're willing to work hard enough for it.
I agree with everything you said in your post 100% except this. Unfortunately, most people simply do not have the ability to do medicine, law etc no matter how much effort they put in. Going to an average school, I remember seeing people work there ass off and struggle to make 75 ATAR.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Going to work in a big 4 accounting firm til I get my CA, then do an MBA at a prestigious university, find my way into a management position and work my way to the top.
And if I said That you weren't good enough and that you should give up now because it doesn't suit you that would be fine, right?

And its your choice whether you take my advice, but there are heaps of other options out there for you.
Seriously, it seems like you're really passionate about Med, and if its really what you want, then you should go for it, cos I'm a strong believer in people being able to achieve anything if they're willing to work hard enough for it.
Contradicts what you said before completely.

But yeah, I go to my school where every 2nd person wants to do med pretty much just for prestige, money or for their parents. They've spent years and thousands of dollars learning how to do well in umat, and some go to drastically unethical measures to do well academically, and I really don't want a generation of doctors full of people like that. (This is in no way a personal attack on you, I don't think you're one of these people but many are, and I honestly think they'd be way better off in other professions)
Yes, but you didn't say this before, you just said that the people that got shit UMAT scores aren't suited and shouldn't try without even bothering to find out why we had chosen to do med.
Neither of my parents want me to do med.
My mum wants me to do whatever makes me happy (but something she can scab money off me for... bitch) and my dad wanted me to do building or some shit because he doesn't see value in people smarter than him because he has a superiority complex that makes him physically attack people that are better than him.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I agree with everything you said in your post 100% except this. Unfortunately, most people simply do not have the ability to do medicine, law etc no matter how much effort they put in. Going to an average school, I remember seeing people work there ass off and struggle to make 75 ATAR.
It's killing me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)