UMAT Results (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Cheers, appreciate your support. I really enjoy teaching and mentoring younger students and I want to give correct advice to students thinking of doing medicine as I myself was never given this opportunity. Being a final year medical student I believe I know more about the career path of medicine more so than first year students or people who do not even study medicine. From my experience with helping students with interviews, their answers do improve after sessions with me. I'm not the only person offering interview tutoring and I'm sure quite a few other people out there can do the same. I was just making a point that interview training will definitely improve your chances in the interview but there is still no guarantee you will make it into medicine. It's up to the student whether they think it is a worthwhile investment for them in their situation.

I hate it when people say you can't train for the interview (also UMAT), when I myself as well as my students have gone through the process and it has worked wonders.
"I'm a final year medical student hence I know more about interviews"
Even though you missed out on undergraduate entry so you were ultimately against the rejects of all the undergraduate interviews.

You can't play the superiority card when your situation doesn't allow for it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Well I wonder who made the first move. I have no intention to attack anyone personally unless they want to attack me using derogatory language. Superior attitude, please. I'm giving people advice based on my many years of experience and I encounter people with less than 1 year's experience giving poor advice.

Obviously, people here don't seem to take my advice kindly and therefore, I will most likely stop in the near future. The funny thing is, the Resident (PGY2) meaning he is a junior resident posted exactly what I have said in many of my posts earlier regarding interviews, research & training in medicine, lifestyle etc. We're obviously both wrong even though we are more senior than everyone here.
being more years into your medical degree doesn't mean you have greater insight into undergraduate entry into a medical degree compared to a first year student who entered at an undergraduate level.

No one is really disagreeing with you when it comes to advice about research and training, but on the matter of interviews there are just a LOT of people who get in without interview training and these numbers suggest that for some people interview training will have negligible positive effect on their chances as they would get in anyway

Siddy123

HSC
ITT med students jacking themselves off
look here u cheeky knts, u got in, grats.
however u did it, prep or no prep, coaching or no coaching, jerked off b4 u went in or not, congrats.
now stfu and tell me why i wake up with headaches every single day. th

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ITT med students jacking themselves off
look here u cheeky knts, u got in, grats.
however u did it, prep or no prep, coaching or no coaching, jerked off b4 u went in or not, congrats.
now stfu and tell me why i wake up with headaches every single day. th
because you're a fully sick cunt

Medman

HSC
Talking with interviewers, training many students for the interview (I've helped 4 students enter UWS medicine) and helping them get in seems to speaks more than a 1st year medical student who just recently got in. You learn a lot in 7 years and experience does wonders. If I cannot perform better in the interview than all first year entrants I would be surprised. Regardless of my past situation, I can teach students more than what a first year can, just purely based on experience.

I do agree some people can get in without any training but that is from a pool of a significant number of students who don't get interview training for many reasons. I am pretty confident to say hypothetically if you take a pool of students who did have interview training vs a pool of students who didn't get interview training, you will probably notice that the pool who did undergo interview training will have a higher percentage of entry. In my opinion the cost to benefit ratio is worthwhile if you don't want to do anything else but medicine. I don't think the benefit will be negligible, I think any year 12 leaver will learn something important from a competent interview tutor.

I never said you needed to respect your elders. I'm just saying your future is dictated by your elders when you graduate from medical school when marks no longer counts, I'm sure you would have known that. I'm just giving you general advice on how not to destroy your career because I have heard stories of registrars really setting back some junior doctors.

I've made my point. If you guys wish to debate feel free. If you don't believe it I'll let my students do the talking.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
I never said you needed to respect your elders. I'm just saying your future is dictated by your elders when you graduate from medical school when marks no longer counts, I'm sure you would have known that. I'm just giving you general advice on how not to destroy your career because I have heard stories of registrars really setting back some junior doctors.
Is that a veiled thread?

Medman

HSC
Is that a veiled thread?
How is that a threat? Considering the number of doctors and teams in hospitals all over NSW I doubt I will ever be on the same team as Riproot. +30% of specialty training requirements usually comes from references. Your assessments during internships/jmo, are done by registrars. You don't need to respect your elders but you'll make your life shit if you don't as a doctor.

vikavish

HSC
Yo Medman, whilst keeping the highest respect for your aspirations and your position, I believe you have strongly established how proper preparation is intrinsic in the interview process.

However constant commentary, with some mixed ostensible and intentional intent, of advertising your program is not needed. We see that you are offering a program and have it duly noted. We all understand your intended meaning. We understand the preparation, hard work and research that needs to occur that will try to differentiate you (positively) from the crowd.

Again, I highly respect your position and your opinions, and have personally taken your comments into my own train of thought.

LOVEYA

Banned
HSC
How is that a threat? Considering the number of doctors and teams in hospitals all over NSW I doubt I will ever be on the same team as Riproot. +30% of specialty training requirements usually comes from references. Your assessments during internships/jmo, are done by registrars. You don't need to respect your elders but you'll make your life shit if you don't as a doctor.
Hey man, don't worry about others disrespecting you but I am still happy about the way you help kids get into medicine. I respect you like a elder bro. Good luck in all you studies

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Talking with interviewers, training many students for the interview (I've helped 4 students enter UWS medicine) and helping them get in seems to speaks more than a 1st year medical student who just recently got in. You learn a lot in 7 years and experience does wonders. If I cannot perform better in the interview than all first year entrants I would be surprised. Regardless of my past situation, I can teach students more than what a first year can, just purely based on experience.

I do agree some people can get in without any training but that is from a pool of a significant number of students who don't get interview training for many reasons. I am pretty confident to say hypothetically if you take a pool of students who did have interview training vs a pool of students who didn't get interview training, you will probably notice that the pool who did undergo interview training will have a higher percentage of entry. In my opinion the cost to benefit ratio is worthwhile if you don't want to do anything else but medicine. I don't think the benefit will be negligible, I think any year 12 leaver will learn something important from a competent interview tutor.

I've made my point. If you guys wish to debate feel free. If you don't believe it I'll let my students do the talking.
I've spoken with interviewers too ~lol~ and I don't know why you would assume otherwise.
A bunch of them are pretty much ~regular people~ who mark on the criteria given and shiz.

I stick by my stance that you are purely trying to plug your service because you want money, and I don't believe it's right to take advantage of people in a situation where they think they won't be able to enter medicine otherwise. You are basically playing on their fears of not getting in just so you can make dollars, and that's not really cool.

And yeah, I get that I will have to ~respect my superiors~ but you aren't my superior and you're just being a salesman atm, not a doctor. So I couldn't care less.

I didn't pay for any UMAT or interview prep because I'm not exactly the richest kid out (poor as shit) and I would rather spend that money elsewhere, but I do know people who aren't very well-off who have spent ~$3,000 trying to get into medicine (this is only the stuff I know of) who still haven't gotten in.
And I don't really think that's right.

Last edited:

masyd

HSC
Does anyone know the lowest percentile required to get into medicine?
And also if you don't make it the first year, right after yr 12 can you do the UMAT again the next year, and use your ATAR still, or would you have to do the Graduate entry pathway?

Thank you ! :)

Medman

HSC
Getting into lucrative degrees have always been about the money regardless of how you look at it. I'm not forcing anyone to seek my guidance but I can guarantee any student that does will improve. That is my promise. I have heard many Year 12 responses and do I think they can do better, of course I do that is what I teach them. I enjoy teaching and I help students get that one step closer to their dream. If you argue on this pretense of "innate ability" then nobody should do any type of tutoring. I'm done debating with you. I am far too busy teaching students and doing assignments to converse with someone who has little experience in this matter. In my experience and feedback from my students, they have told me of their epiphany after attending training with me so as far as I am concerned that is all that matters.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)