Umat Scores. (2 Viewers)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
deqman said:
Out of interest, what whould be good enough for UMAT stream? And for the ENTER score, is it a percentile? If it is, then it is ridiculous isnt it, because it is not as if ALL of the top students are gonna do med. (I heard there was about 140 people who got > 99.65 in Vic last year, and each state has their own med schools)
140 sounds low. NSW has approx 320 ppl (42-44 on each increment, 21-22 on 100).

UMAT stream: you only need a mid 96 UAI, but your UMAT needs to be 285 (score with S1 multiplied by 2). You're 32 short of that.

rockstar01

HSC
deqman said:
That guy actually doesnt work for med entry. I know him personally. BUT i do know that he is a fag, because he said nothing to his friend (ie. me) about "how wonderful Medentry is" when he found out about it 2 weeks prior to the UMAT. So my Asian mate, thanks a lot for the advice(!) Fag.
Oh yeah, i did Dallas wit him.
I got 64, 54, 71 (95%, 75%, 98%)
And i agree with the fag that Dallas = crook and waste of money. BUT one good thing is training of T1 in S3, that was incredibly useful. But EVERYTHING ELSE = ABSOLUTE CRAP.
BTW does anyone know if there is a course that is good for T1 of S3 and at the same time not crap for everything else. I am just preparing for UMAT next year coz my scores were not good enough for interview at UNSW so I am not tooo hopeful about med next year.
I wouldn't tell you either, you sound like a cunt.

deqman

HSC
rockstar01 said:
I wouldn't tell you either, you sound like a cunt.
Thanks man, I appreciate it(!) So i know i gotta be careful about my first impression on you if i meet you.

deqman

HSC
Estel said:
140 sounds low. NSW has approx 320 ppl (42-44 on each increment, 21-22 on 100).

UMAT stream: you only need a mid 96 UAI, but your UMAT needs to be 285 (score with S1 multiplied by 2). You're 32 short of that.
Thanks for the info man. How much in one increment, ie .1 of a percentile, 1 percentile? (sorry, i dont know how the NSW system works, I live in NZ and dont know that much about Oz unis)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
deqman said:
That guy actually doesnt work for med entry. I know him personally. BUT i do know that he is a fag, because he said nothing to his friend (ie. me) about "how wonderful Medentry is" when he found out about it 2 weeks prior to the UMAT. So my Asian mate, thanks a lot for the advice(!) Fag.
Oh yeah, i did Dallas wit him.
I got 64, 54, 71 (95%, 75%, 98%)
And i agree with the fag that Dallas = crook and waste of money. BUT one good thing is training of T1 in S3, that was incredibly useful. But EVERYTHING ELSE = ABSOLUTE CRAP.
BTW does anyone know if there is a course that is good for T1 of S3 and at the same time not crap for everything else. I am just preparing for UMAT next year coz my scores were not good enough for interview at UNSW so I am not tooo hopeful about med next year.
wtf. you didnt get an interview at UNSW? I know people with 172 scaled who got one...

deqman

HSC
Sepulchres said:
wtf. you didnt get an interview at UNSW? I know people with 172 scaled who got one...
Thats probably due to my predicated UAI score. You see, I am from NZ and I dont know how it converts my NCEA scores into UAI. Since our grading system is actually quite messed up (almost all of the student body AND teachers agree), i dont even know if it is possible to convert scores properly.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
deqman said:
Thats probably due to my predicated UAI score. You see, I am from NZ and I dont know how it converts my NCEA scores into UAI. Since our grading system is actually quite messed up (almost all of the student body AND teachers agree), i dont even know if it is possible to convert scores properly.
I've done the NCEA lev. 1 cause i used to live there. Yea the system was quite shite I agree. I remember bitching about it cause we were the guinea pigs of the system. But, when I got my results it looked good cause its not THAT hard to get your GPA above 90 for a subject.

deqman

HSC
Sepulchres said:
I've done the NCEA lev. 1 cause i used to live there. Yea the system was quite shite I agree. I remember bitching about it cause we were the guinea pigs of the system. But, when I got my results it looked good cause its not THAT hard to get your GPA above 90 for a subject.
Real? A follow guinea pig that knows the shitness. So you know of the f-ed up ness of the GPA? :) I know its not that hard, but one merit will lower your GPA by 4 points, and the difference between excellence and merit could be one word. And potentially you could have sooo many people on the exact same overall grade at the top level and 1 or 2 merits by shear retardedness of marking schedule (did you get the chem question in lev 1 that required you to state the product is BOTH neutral and had a pH of 7 to get E? Do they think the students are absolute retards?) can really mess you up. So its a good thing your parents made the right decision to get you out ASAP. All the best if you are applying for med this year :)

DistantCube

HSC
I did NCEA 1 and 2, thank goodness I moved to aust. All of my "grades" were high, but then again, I played the system, you dont even need to get 80% in a test to get an Excellence. It's a joke.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Yea I had GPA's of like 98 for chem and stuff lol. However, the standard of the sciences in NZ are higher than in Aust. When I came to Aus, I breezed through the sciences cause I had done most of it in NZ. Even this year I find some things common from 2 years ago :S.

Captain pi

HSC
Percentiles: 99 94 47

Exactly what I expected.

Well, I haven't applied for medicine; and at least I am not becoming an engineer ;)

deqman

HSC
Do you guys know if they take into account scores for any university courses done in addition to your Y12 curriculum when they calculate the ENTER rankings?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Incorrect. UTas takes into account uni marks aswell.

MEANT FOR THE POST BELOW. Damn timestamping.

PopcornPixie

i throw popcorn at u! >:)
HSC
deqman said:
Do you guys know if they take into account scores for any university courses done in addition to your Y12 curriculum when they calculate the ENTER rankings?
It depends on which university you're applying to. They have different selection criteria, which also take into account how many full semesters of university you've studied.

For example, if you've done one full year of university, UNSW gives your ENTER half weighting with your university marks half weighting. If you've done two years, it's 1/3 for each year. I think UMelb is similar.

UTas only takes into account your UAI/ENTER. UWA is totally different, only taking into account your university marks.

Check on their websites. All of the information is there.
:)

deqman

HSC
Someone on one of the other threads said he didnt get an interview at Monash coz melb was his first choice. So does anyone know if that means Monash will only consider people who put them down as their first preference on their VTAC application?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)