Umat Scores. (1 Viewer)

karan~

HSC
roxy_chick said:
I only applied for newcastle...does anyone know whether its too late to apply for other unis?

Its not to late, go to vtac.edu.au to find out more details. (I think melbourne closes end of this month.)

karan~

HSC
currysauce said:
haha i went shit as

1. 63
2. 0-20 :p
3. 87

i dunno... whatever!
Wow, your exam results are wicked. Don't worry about UMAT, I think its the worst test ever, it should be erradicated.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
cause its a gay selecting agent. I mean, i agree with the interviews, but wat has ur performance in a multiple choice test got to do with your ability to perform well as a doctor, a dentist, a optometrist or a pharmisist?

We should get a successful dr to sit the umat and see what he/she would get.. wait, has any1 already done that?

jeremiahk

HSC
queenie said:
cause its a gay selecting agent. I mean, i agree with the interviews, but wat has ur performance in a multiple choice test got to do with your ability to perform well as a doctor, a dentist, a optometrist or a pharmisist?

We should get a successful dr to sit the umat and see what he/she would get.. wait, has any1 already done that?
I think thats a kind of silly thing to say no offence, yes true the UMAT isnt like the absolute perfect selection tool there could be, but its what they use.

ENTERS are what they use as well, how does your enter score reflect how good you will be as a doctor? It doesnt, but its there, it just lets people who achieve highly to get into the most sought after spots.

They're there because they have to be, not because they want to be. UMAT, Enter and interview. Even interviews arent perfect, you could be a brilliant doctor, be brilliant at research, but you could just be another Asian nerd. Nothing is perfect. You can't say, oh we shouldnt use this because its not perfect.

Find another way, then show them.

veridis

droog
HSC
no no no i think UMAT should be the only selection process along with interview
*curses low UAi prediction*

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
queenie said:

I gave my dad a few section 3 puzzles lol. Didnt have a clue.

>monkey<

HSC
hey, all you guys that went really well in umat, what prep course did u do if u did one? and did u find it helpful?
i did medentry but i got a score of 157 which is shit! so im prolly gonna do another prep course next year and re-sit umat!!
thanks!

cando

HSC
I just got mine, FINALLY, i got 57, 54, 63 with percentiles (82, 75, 91) missed interveiw at unsw, but maybe somewhere else?

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
>monkey< said:
hey, all you guys that went really well in umat, what prep course did u do if u did one? and did u find it helpful?
i did medentry but i got a score of 157 which is shit! so im prolly gonna do another prep course next year and re-sit umat!!
thanks!
I wouldnt do Dallas. It was pretty shit and thats from a few people I know. Not just me.

deqman

HSC
I got 64, 54, 71 (95%, 75%, 98%), anyone know what ENTER i need for uni of melb?

bl07701

HSC
dude personally i think medentry is great! i dont think i couldve got my percentile of 98 89 98 without medentry's sample tests. Dallas is an absolute waste of timeand money though. i paid 900 bux for his deluxe which was absolute bull, he even tried to post questions from UMAT official practice tests so its prty bad. i heard good things about his interview prep but at $2000 a pop i dunno if its worth it. on the other hand medentrys like 300 bux for most of what dallas offers at 900. i was doing dallas till like 2 weeks till umat, looked at medentry thru my frends account, and signed up immediately. one of the best decision i ever made.
and no i got nth to do with medentry.

karan~

HSC
sovietski said:
Karan can i ask why you think UMAT should be erraticated?
Sure, I don't believe its a fair assessment of non-academic ability. It is considered to be an aptitude test, but like all aptitude tests, the more you do it the better you get at it.

Making it such a high-stakes test will only create anomilies. That is, people who should have become doctors based on their academic excellence and motivation, not to mention personality based on the interview, fall through.

Its quite obvious that section one and three are mostly irrelavent in determining your character. If it ISN'T determining your character, then placing such significant emphasis on it is not required.

The process was once simple.

Final year of HS -----> Marks good enough ---> Comphrehensive interview ---> Welcome to medicine.

The only thing, in my opinion, that can be used in UMAT is section 2. And even that, only for an indication of completely blantant prejedice (a sub-standard scaled mark).

ishq

brown?
HSC
bl07701 said:
dude personally i think medentry is great! i dont think i couldve got my percentile of 98 89 98 without medentry's sample tests. Dallas is an absolute waste of timeand money though. i paid 900 bux for his deluxe which was absolute bull, he even tried to post questions from UMAT official practice tests so its prty bad. i heard good things about his interview prep but at $2000 a pop i dunno if its worth it. on the other hand medentrys like 300 bux for most of what dallas offers at 900. i was doing dallas till like 2 weeks till umat, looked at medentry thru my frends account, and signed up immediately. one of the best decision i ever made.
and no i got nth to do with medentry.
*cough* sure *cough*

my UMAT finally arrived...!
scaled...170
percentiles...230 something!

yay! nothing for me!

deqman

HSC
sikeveo said:
99.65 for the combination stream. You wont make the umat scheme.
Out of interest, what whould be good enough for UMAT stream? And for the ENTER score, is it a percentile? If it is, then it is ridiculous isnt it, because it is not as if ALL of the top students are gonna do med. (I heard there was about 140 people who got > 99.65 in Vic last year, and each state has their own med schools)

deqman

HSC
ishq said:
*cough* sure *cough*

my UMAT finally arrived...!
scaled...170
percentiles...230 something!

yay! nothing for me!
That guy actually doesnt work for med entry. I know him personally. BUT i do know that he is a fag, because he said nothing to his friend (ie. me) about "how wonderful Medentry is" when he found out about it 2 weeks prior to the UMAT. So my Asian mate, thanks a lot for the advice(!) Fag.
Oh yeah, i did Dallas wit him.
I got 64, 54, 71 (95%, 75%, 98%)
And i agree with the fag that Dallas = crook and waste of money. BUT one good thing is training of T1 in S3, that was incredibly useful. But EVERYTHING ELSE = ABSOLUTE CRAP.
BTW does anyone know if there is a course that is good for T1 of S3 and at the same time not crap for everything else. I am just preparing for UMAT next year coz my scores were not good enough for interview at UNSW so I am not tooo hopeful about med next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)