Umat Scores. (1 Viewer)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Petar: Not necessarily.
Consider percentiles: 20, 20, 100. That could very well be a score of 180. Combined percentiles are merely indicative.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
They would have to be (approximate). Percentiles would remain the same, Scaled would drop. I have 172 scaled, and 240 in percentiles. I think you may still be looking at the same percentiles, though - as they do not really change.

Estel: Love that timestamping... I see your point. But I'm speaking on average - this year's UMAT was harder, so those combined scored may generally be lower for the same percentile. But I see your point.

Last edited:

M_I_K_E

HSC
N/A
Doesn't matter really, because UNCLE does not look at your percentiles.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
copy n' paste from the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
what do 'scaled scores' mean?

the whole point of having scaled scores as opposed to percentiles is so that you can compare how well a person performed in 04' to another person who did the umat in 05'. So most, if not all unis, take scores into account. A percentile is merely there to show how many people you beat in the year you did the umat, which is irrelevant since you will be competing against people who did the umat the year before.

Correct me if i'm wrong...

bit of a pointless post, but i'm bored :[

Anyway, none of it matters since you don't know whether unewc will raise or decrease the umat cut off. Changes every year so it's a bit pointless wondering if you're on the borderline.

On a side note, you can call up tracey and ask her if u got an interview in a few weeks. They do tell you if it's around the time when they send out the letters.

scienceisstress

HSC
well done raptor! I didnt do quite as fantastically as you did, my (percentiles) were A: 92 B: 86 and C: 68
still fairly proud of my section c result considering that i felt like crying afterwards....

hachoo

HSC
Probably got the worst on the forums... hoorah......

41 S1 (0-20)
43 S2 (30)
58 S3 (80)

Total: 142 (130) is it possible to get a lower percentage than raw score lol ?

Probably should have done more study or one of those prep courses... seems the only way to guarantee a good score. That and good hard work, like most of you have put in :p Good Luck in Medicine/Dentistry. I'll be trying for GAMSAT so don't write me off Medical Gods!

Last edited:

w2dot

HSC
Hooray! I better go change ALL my preferences! You all did so well, congrats.

Breakingthegirl

HSC
what the heck...
i was offered an interview with UNSW...
however my UMAT results were only raw-160 and percentile- 203
would this have been the lowest EVER umat scores that have EVER recieved an interview offer EVER?????
i am so happy about interview...but was their some kind of mistake?
hehehe....sigh
i am a ruraly kid...but that doesn't effect UMAT...surely UNSW doesn't take my rurarily into consideration with regard to UMAT...or does it?
any wisdom?

Breakingthegirl

HSC
sorry about all the spelling mistakes in the above comment!

i was typing with only one hand...
the other was busy...

yeah with yo mama

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Yeh lol, UMAT of 160 for rural would get you an interview at UNSW for sure as long as you have a decent UAI prediction.

yankyfly

HSC
percentile/ score

Section 1: (96) 66
Section 2: (95) 62
Section 3: (99) 73

I am stoked, i didn;t think i had gone that well so i couldn;t be happier.

mmm....

i think i just blew my scores in the UNSW interview though... whoops

kloudsurfer

HSC
Breakingthegirl said:
what the heck...
would this have been the lowest EVER umat scores that have EVER recieved an interview offer EVER?????
hehehe....sigh
i am a ruraly kid...but that doesn't effect UMAT...surely UNSW doesn't take my rurarily into consideration with regard to UMAT...or does it?
any wisdom?
Do you know what your UAI estimate is? Ive been wondering how everything works for rural applicants in regards to UAI and umat scores. I know they can get in with a lower UAI, but I am curious as to how the UAI relates to the umat score, as I intend to apply next year as a rural applicant and I want to know if I have any chance at all.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Breakingthegirl said:
what the heck...
hehehe....sigh
any wisdom?
Do you know what your UAI estimate is? Ive been wondering how everything works for rural applicants in regards to UAI and umat scores. I know they can get in with a lower UAI, but I am curious as to how the UAI relates to the umat score, as I intend to apply next year as a rural applicant and I want to know if I have any chance at all.

t1801

HSC
i'm rural too and i got 163 umat and 97 predict but no unsw interview. i got one at newcastle though.

singh.with.me

HSC
if u get a uai(atar, whatever lol) of 98, and are rural, whats the lowest umat score u need to get an unsw interview offer ??

jono1887

HSC
if u get a uai(atar, whatever lol) of 98, and are rural, whats the lowest umat score u need to get an unsw interview offer ??
look at the table on the unsw site, im guessing it would be pretty similar to that - maybe slightly lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)