Umat (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
m111 said:
No where, its just a routine check-up.

Everyone I know thought the UMAT was "hard", but I didn't... anyone else feel good about it?
I know another person who found this year's easy. Here's hoping you're both onto a good thing!

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
Lexicographer said:
I know another person who found this year's easy. Here's hoping you're both onto a good thing!
easy compared to what though - i mean, shes a 2005 studend so she wouldnt have sat UMAT before. Easy compared to the trial tests from the prep courses or just easy in general?

Cause theres no way in hell that was easy in general, if i hadn't have prepared for those shapes, i would not have seen anything.

So... i have no idea what comment im making, but blah.

Dane-ger

HSC
Lexicographer said:
No, it is not a word. Just because a lot of ignorant people use it, the monstrosity doesn't suddenly become a word.

And before you think you have won, yes I am aware that it features in some American dictionaries (sadly, even the American Oxford). STILL it is not a word, because American English is riddled with idiocy.
disorientate

• verb cause (someone) to lose their sense of direction or feel confused.

— DERIVATIVES disorientated adjective disorientation noun.

Ha! I win. Disorientated is a word, check the online oxforde english dicitonary. NOW whos being pedantic??? hahahaha

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Thanks Lexicographer, I hope so too. I don't know how it'll end up - I answered every question, found all the shapes (but ran a bit low on time in S3), and finished S1 and S2 with 20 and 15 minutes to spare respectively. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

What's the phrase? "Cautiously optimistic" :)

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
I sat the umat last year and i can say that in my opinion section 3 wasnt as easy as last year.

Other than that, everything else, difficulty wise was the same.

nanashi

HSC
m111 said:
No where, its just a routine check-up.

Everyone I know thought the UMAT was "hard", but I didn't... anyone else feel good about it?
i didnt think it was hard... but i would kick myself if i find out i made heaps of mistakes. its where u feel really sure u have it correct but it turns out wrong..hate that feeling :(

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
m111 said:
"Excuse me whilst I examine your abdomen... its just a routine procedure... this won't hurt a bit" :rolleyes:
*shakes head*..

"its DID U KNO TAT 1 in 12 women get breast cancer?... I am certified to check :)"
"Im told i have warm hands... want me to warm u up?"

its not good but its the best tat i can do at 12:41am

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Dane-ger said:
disorientate

• verb cause (someone) to lose their sense of direction or feel confused.

— DERIVATIVES disorientated adjective disorientation noun.

Ha! I win. Disorientated is a word, check the online oxforde english dicitonary. NOW whos being pedantic??? hahahaha
:rolleyes:

Now you're in for it.

Go to online Oxford and search for "sh" - you will find an entry for this nothing-sound.

I have sent you to do this to demonstrate that just because it's in the OED, it's not necessarily a word. The OED is the most comprehensive authority on the English Language - including the "contribution" of those blasted, uneducated Americans. Even though some illiterate American lexicographer thinks "disorientate" is a real word, any grammatical authority would reject it for the bastard corruption that it is.

The etymologically correct form is "disoriented", from the verb "disorient" which is the negation of "orient". The verb form of the word "orientation" is "orient", NOT "orientate".

Arguing with Lexicographer about lexicography indeed!

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
If language communicates the intended meaning then what's the big deal?

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
*shakes head*..

"its DID U KNO TAT 1 in 12 women get breast cancer?... I am certified to check :)"
"Im told i have warm hands... want me to warm u up?"

its not good but its the best tat i can do at 12:41am
Hahaha... nice work +Po1ntDeXt3r+ - warm hands indeed.

... But what about the similar (but admittedly lesser) prevalence of breast cancer in men...? :rolleyes:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
m111 said:
Hahaha... nice work +Po1ntDeXt3r+ - warm hands indeed.

... But what about the similar (but admittedly lesser) prevalence of breast cancer in men...? :rolleyes:
Offer to check his prostate.

Mystienu

HSC
m11! you must be really smart with 20 minutes spare for section one and all! WOW! I barely had time to finish section one, i guess i'm more of a spatial thinker....
what sku do you go to? ruse?

Zali

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
i got predicted 96...and yeah as Zali said, i'd also be happy with anything over 90 [but i need >95!!].

lol i only need 90 im rural

m111

Define "cynical"
HSC
Mystienu said:
m111! you must be really smart with 20 minutes spare for section one and all! WOW! I barely had time to finish section one, i guess i'm more of a spatial thinker....
what sku do you go to? ruse?
Me? James Ruse?

HAHAHAHAHA

Ah... :rolleyes: no, I'm a "rural" student.

Jess: nice one! haha :)

Zali: ... It's great to finally find an advantage to living in the middle of nowhere, eh!! :p

The_highwayman: Nice to meet you too. :D Ohhh with that no. you would have just missed out on the stage, eh?! :( I thought there were lots of people in Newcastle... but 1000s in Sydney? I guess we got it pretty good - it was pretty quiet in the UMAT comparative to what it could have been!

Last edited:

Zali

HSC
sure is. even though i dont think were disadvataged that much. where bouts are u from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)