Unethical idea I have, is this allowed? (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Can't we just enrol in subjects, get info of all assessments, pull out of them before the census date, and then redo the subject later on in another semester with a huge advantage? Is this allowed?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
That's no different from getting materials from people in different years who have already done the subjects (which is done quite often. eg Facebook groups for unse engineering subjects that have all the resources for that year for that course)

astroman

HSC
How are you sure that the course will stay the same?
I'm not sure, but it surely can't be possible that huge changes will be made right.
That's no different from getting materials from people in different years who have already done the subjects (which is done quite often. eg Facebook groups for unse engineering subjects that have all the resources for that year for that course)
I know but you don't get first hand experience, you can talk to tutors/lecturers get the full info ya know.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Its going to be really time consuming because unless you overloaded at the start of the semester, you will have to underload-and take longer to finish your degree-not sure whether any 'perceived' advantage helps that much-unless you really want to stay in uni for so long, since you can't pick another course to do after the census date.

astroman

HSC
Its going to be really time consuming because unless you overloaded at the start of the semester, you will have to underload-and take longer to finish your degree-not sure whether any 'perceived' advantage helps that much-unless you really want to stay in uni for so long, since you can't pick another course to do after the census date.
Yea, not saying it would be beneficial to do it for every subject, but for a single subject that is really tough, could be useful and get you a HD.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Usually assessments get rotated or changed each semester, so you really wouldn't gain much out of this - and usually the majority of the details only come out later in the semester.

The_Beast

HSC
N/A
It will just make you take longer to finish your degree

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
This.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Wouldn't most of the subjects you want to do this for require you to do prerequisites?

i.e. You can't really enrol in them earlier.

darlking

HSC
N/A
Can't we just enrol in subjects, get info of all assessments, pull out of them before the census date, and then redo the subject later on in another semester with a huge advantage? Is this allowed?
This is a good idea. I do it sometimes. The max I can do at my uni is 4. So if i plan to do 3, i can choose an extra unit to "check out" and before the census date, I have access to at least 2 weeks worth of content to get a head start, but then again it will always depend on the unit and how they provide the information. Some units give the whole semesters worth and others just give it (i.e. the lecture slides) during the week of the lecture. I mean, you could always hide it against the mask of "I was going to do the unit but then backed out".

pHyRe

HSC
what info would you even get? i assume youre unenrolling before like week 2 or 3.

barely anything would be up thats useful. even if it was, youd get it when you actually do the course too. or worst case get it off someone whos done it before

not sure what uni youre at but getting UoS outlines is quite easy at usyd anyway. and not particularly useful either

changumangu

HSC
Just ask a mate for their notes. I don't see the difference tbh, what are you going to learn in 2 weeks anyway? Besides the tutor's name.

HSC
Uni Grad
You can just ask someone else to send their stuff for that subject for you, which saves you all the time and hassle anyway, so no point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)