uni girls (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
thank god for the bibles (cosmo and cleo)
anyway, i was having a look around and this is what i found:

I am heading off for uni this year and wondering what I should kit my wardrobe with thats comfotable, cheap and fashionable?

I have been accepted in a uni program but dont know what to wear!!
Please help!! Its not a practical course but I still want to be comfortable and dont want to wear a mini skirt! So what styles and colours will be good?

I am about to start uni, and after wearing a school uniform for all of my schooling life I would like to know what would be appropriate to wear to lectures?

With the start of the university year just weeks away, weve had heaps of emails from CLEO chicks who want to make the right first impression. Fashion assistant Kathleen Fahey answers these letters for us:

Everyone is nervous when they first start uni - not only are you meeting a whole new group of people with whom you could be spending the next fours years, but youre given the chance to leave all those bad high school fashion mistakes behind! Everyone is looking at each other, whos who, whos wearing what...so Ive put together this list of essentials to consider and some stores to check out.

*Comfort: If youre walking around campus all day in heels, youre going to look plain silly, not to mention over-eager! Having your own sense of casual style is essential - if Havaianas in a lecture theatre are not your style, pick up a pair of cute flat shoes. Your local China town is great for slippers or try ballet-inspired shoes - cute and comfy. Scrunch boots are the perfect trans-seasonal item to go with a cute mini - a winter must! - check out Target and you will be pleasantly surprised.

*Make a statement, dont scream it: You want to look cool, not fashion victim! The uni campus is probably not the place to wear every seasonal trend at once instead look for basics with a twist. General Pants has a great variety of up-and-coming labels, such as Insight and Dont Ask Amanda, and is a great place to look for funky little tees, vests, 3/4 shorts and other essentials.

*Sportsgirl/ Portmans/Dotti: These chain stores are perfect for picking up pieces that can easily be worn a variety of ways. - they can be quite simple, but v. chic. Sportsgirl is great for awesome cargos in a variety of colours and they always have new and exciting things coming into store.

*Jeans West: Jeans are an essential part of uni life - most people will live in them all year round, so finding a great fit and wash is v. important. Jeans West has jeans priced from $79 and they can look just as good as more expensive labels.

*Accessories: Be practical. A clutch is hardly going to carry all those books so invest in a sturdy tote if a backpack isnt your style.

Dingo

Banned
god those people are dilarious.
you just wear what you would normally wear when you go out on friday or saturday nights... and to partys etc..
aint realli a big deal... just buy more clothes... coz youd wanna wear different stuff every day hahaha

:chainsaw:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
what i wear to a party is gunna be totally diff to what im gunna wear to uni based on uni students suggestions
yeah, the jeans are a regular in my party wardrobe, but not singlets or funky tees, thats a look i do when i go shopping or to the movies or whatever

ND

HSC
Cosmo and cleo encourage shopping at places like jeans west and target?? I'd have thought it'd be all stuff like sass&bide, abercrombie, diesel, cK etc.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
i'm wearing my high school uniform.

kick ass, the tie, shirt, pants and blazer
Hahahaha..............umm...............please don't.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
Cosmo and cleo encourage shopping at places like jeans west and target?? I'd have thought it'd be all stuff like sass&bide, abercrombie, diesel, cK etc.
yeah, jeanswest is often in there for thier jeans (duh) and target is occasionally in there, i think coz uni students need to dress cheaply, not too many in s+b, ck, etc unless mummy n daddy pay for it

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by ...
erk..

just dress casual..

theres what i'm gonna do...heh
no.....for girls this is my fashion advice.....

the best thing to wear which will make u look the best is ABSOLOUTLEY NOTHING....trust me girls..i am the fashion guru around here

^___^
HSC
nothing..

hmm, thats a good advice..

or just hve swim wear and wet urself with water b4 entering the lecture

/me drools

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
one of my favourite looks is to go to the gym before a lecture and turn un all sweaty muhahahahaha

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
from what ive gathered from other people, you can get away with it, its basically whatever you're comfortable in.
like, if your comfy in trackies, and wear them, you are gunna look better than someone in a mini thats not comfortable
that being said, you need to look at practicality, the singlets n thongs and stuff are ok, but newcastle campus is really big, do you really want to be hiking from one side to the other in a mini all day long?
but yeah, just whatever you feel best in

David27

Imagine guys discusssing what they're wearing to Uni?
Sort of who gives a sh......

ND

HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
yeah, jeanswest is often in there for thier jeans (duh) and target is occasionally in there, i think coz uni students need to dress cheaply, not too many in s+b, ck, etc unless mummy n daddy pay for it
Heheh yeh, most my wardrobe is courtesy of daddy ...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by David27
Imagine guys discusssing what they're wearing to Uni?
Sort of who gives a sh......
yes, but we girls need to look good for you guys AND the girls (kinda like a silent competition) whereas you guys dont need to look good at all ;)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh, i was just asking a friend what she wears to uni, and she said that occasionally in winter shed where ugh boots
i saw the coolest pair the other day, i was gunna get them, but i dont know what to team them with, and how to wear them (over/under clothes)
so any help would be great, i could soon be wearing my first pair of ughies

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz
i
im not much of a girly girl anyway - i dont like the little handbags and stuff so yeah - not an option for me

as for clothes, just jeans, shoes and a tshirt

nothing flash, just uni :)
im not girly at all..thank God there is someone who, like me does not prefer ''little'' hand bags...they seem so weird with me.....

n id prolly end up going in jeans most of the times!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)