Uni lodge........advice please (1 Viewer)

HSC
Summer and 52 week contracts only ended on Sunday, obviously the cleaning staff haven't made it around yet. That's not justification, just offering an explanation. If you bark at reception I suspect they'll make your room a priority.
Yeah my bedroom was clean and everything. There were cleaners going around, but reception said they only do the bedrooms not the rest of the appartment, that's for students. Looks like I will be the one cleaning it anyway... And vacuum! God, have some people never heard of one or something?!! I really liked the look of unilodge, but I still think there really is no excuse for not being clean. It was just filthy. Even to wipe out the microwave where shit was splattered everywhere!
Anyway, sorry, rant over, I wad just really disappointed.

Epic

HSC
That kinda sucks. So the cleaning staff will never clean the apartment, you have to do the whole job yourself?

HSC
That kinda sucks. So the cleaning staff will never clean the apartment, you have to do the whole job yourself?
I'm not entirely sure on the specifics, but they just told me that yeah, gotta clean it yourself, they offer a vacuum and that... Lol

Sammy-Blue

HSC
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
You are responsible for the day to day cleaning of their apartment. In addition, UniLodge @ ANU apartments will be randomly inspected for faults or damage after the respective notice has been given. A vacuum cleaner is available (on loan) from reception during reception hours by providing your UniLodge @ ANU identification card. There is a 1 hour limit, and late returns will attract a non-refundable charge.

Epic

HSC
Sounds like they had a party in their room and bailed before inspection lol.

I have no problem with cleaning but it would be nice to have a clean apartment on arrival.

HSC
Bleh... I Just went and bought a heap of stuff to get that place in shape. I don't do filth...

HSC
I also went out and checked my accommodation today (3 b/r share at davey) and let me say it was disgusting. :vcross:

Admittedly a student from last year (who will also be in the apartment this year) is still living there and her previous roommates stuff is still strewn across the lounge room and in the kitchen cupboards. Despite this though, I expected it to be somewhat tidy, but the kitchen was disgusting with unwashed plates/pots and crap all over the benches, table and floor. The carpet in the apartment had crap all over it and the bathroom looked moldy and disgusting. My mum and I spent two and a half hours trying to clean some of it and my new roomate felt it best for her to stay in her room whilst we got rid of her crap.

I'm a generally tidy person. Things that remain dirty really grate on me so I hope I'm never goingto have to see it that bad again. :cold:

Anyway I did complain to the reception and she said they'd get a cleaner up there. Little comfort for someone who instead of arriving to a clean apartment had to spend most of her time there getting rid of someone else's shit. :evilfire:

I don't appreciate having to fork out so much money for such bad management (because god knows the apartment isn't worth it - they scab $700/week an apartment for a 3 b/r share which is ridiculous for 65sq metres :vcross:) . I'm basically pissed off, but I suppose I need to be grateful I even have accommodation.
I was in the same situation yesterday. I thought it might have just been a one off thing, seems as though its Unilodge in general.

I move in fully next Friday, and I will be doing the same, take my mum with me to clean it up. lol. I am also generally pretty tidy. I just can't believe people can live amoungst that shit and grime everywhere.

Move into my place at Kinloch, at least there would be another person who feels the same!! lol. There are a couple of people in my room who have already been there a year or so, and apparently another first year moving in soon. Hopefully she will feel the same way and make an effort to keep it tidy :(

Yeah spose we best be greatful we even got accommodation. Ah well.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
I was in the same situation yesterday. I thought it might have just been a one off thing, seems as though its Unilodge in general.

I move in fully next Friday, and I will be doing the same, take my mum with me to clean it up. lol. I am also generally pretty tidy. I just can't believe people can live amoungst that shit and grime everywhere.

Move into my place at Kinloch, at least there would be another person who feels the same!! lol. There are a couple of people in my room who have already been there a year or so, and apparently another first year moving in soon. Hopefully she will feel the same way and make an effort to keep it tidy :(

Yeah spose we best be greatful we even got accommodation. Ah well.
Ah shit, not looking forward to moving in, lol. 5-person multishare here.

HSC
Yeah I'm definitely hoping for another clean roomie too. 2 clean people should eliminate the bad habits of 1 messy person, right? Majority in numbers and everything =\

It would have been better if they put together a whole bunch of first years in rooms. That way we could have a clean apartment on arrival and not have to worry about weeding out someone else's bad habits.
Yeah I hope so too. That would have been a good idea actually, I would have much preferred a room full of first years. Not knowing anyone is going to be a bit tough for me at first, but yeah, hopefully get to meet some of you.

breezy221090

HSC
Hey guys, the uncleanliness when moving in is very common, the only place the cleaners clean is in your bedroom and they don't do inspections like they say they do. The management of Unilodge is shit they don't care who they put in the rooms. They are a business not a college. If you's get there before O-week you can probably get yourself changed into a better room with other first years or social later years. On the bright side the RA's and CA's are really keen and Unilodge participated in basically all the sports and arts shield comps last year. They have a good O-week plan this year and if you're lucky enough to get into Davey they have a pretty strong community forming. Don't worry about the social side there's heaps of friendly social people there. Be ready for lots of clubbing and partying though. Good luck with it all.

Epic

HSC
So yeah, admin just asked if my room needed cleaning.
So let me get this straight...The cleaning staff do or don't clean the apartment at the start of the year?

I'm just confused because everyones room seems to be filthy and the FAQ says "You are responsible for the day to day cleaning of their apartment" but you say that the admin just offered to clean your room?

:bomb:

Last edited:

dreamee

HSC
So let me get this straight...The cleaning staff do or don't clean the apartment at the start of the year?

I'm just confused because everyones room seems to be filthy and the FAQ says "You are responsible for the day to day cleaning of their apartment" but you say that the admin just offered to clean your room?
When I moved in last year, they were meant to clean your room before you move in. But what they actually do is they clean the room when the last person moved out. Then they close the door and ignore it. So when you move in, it is 'clean' in the sense that nobody has lived in it since they've cleaned it. But they don't give a damn about the layer of dust that has built up even though nobody has lived there.

breezy221090

HSC
They clean your personal bedroom, but they don't clean the living areas. The ex residents move out on the same day as new residents move in. Most of the contracts are 52 weeks, there's a few that are 48.

Epic

HSC
I moved into Davey Lodge yesterday and so far it has been great. I am the first of three to move in, the place was spotless everything was clean. Oh and the internet is $2 / week and is UNLIMITED which I thought was pretty cool.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
I moved into Davey Lodge yesterday and so far it has been great. I am the first of three to move in, the place was spotless everything was clean. Oh and the internet is $2 / week and is UNLIMITED which I thought was pretty cool.
It's also about 100 times slower than what it used to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)