Uni Open Days (1 Viewer)

blOwfish

HSC
By far the best open day I believe is UTS. They have loads of friendly people to help you around, and check as they have detailed lectures for courses, even detailing it into the majors. And yeh, who can dislike free BBQ's, Free Icy Cold Soft Drinks (Self Serve Cans), and Free Paddle Pops!

poppop

HSC
N/A
i'll be going to the uts / usyd one. :)
although i'm already pretty sure on what I want to study at uni :)

anniea89

HSC
I haven't read the whole thread, but I think it's silly how UTS and Sydney Open Day are on the HSC Speaking Exam Day. I can't go at all now. Bugger.

Going to UNSW Open Day though.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Going to the UTS b/c they have a great nursing facility and that is the area I want to go into. But it sucks that its during my trials...my trials start in week 6!

kloudsurfer

HSC
nichhhole said:
Hmm..
ok so in April or something i went to this open day type thing at USYD... it was a selective one where only a certain number of students from each school could go ...

Anyway..
so i went to that and then just recently i got some invitation from the dean of science at USYD inviting me to the talented students science program...
and it's some luncheon thing on the same day as Sydney Live.

Now of course i wwas like very pleased at this invitation.. especially considering i dont even do science? nor did i sign myself up for this.

Can anyone tell me what the hell it is? or is it just some blanket invitation sent out? I figured it may be because of the openday thing iwent to at the beginning of the year.. but i never signed myself up for anything remotely science related.. i steered very clear.

Anyone else going?
I got one too. So did my other friend. Both of us went to that day thingy.

I thought I was special lol...

Anyway, I dont think ill be going to the USYD one. Its right in the middle of an assessment period for me (our school is screwed lol) and I already went to that thingy earlier this year, and all i did was marvel at the pretty buildings and pretty grass and was sad that they didnt do undergrad med.
Though i would like to look at the colleges, which i didnt get to do last time...maybe i will go...i dont know! lol

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ooh i`ll be going to that usyd uts one too =]
i was guna go to uws , but then i figured a few nights ago that i really dont wanna do medicine.

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
yay i'm excited to go...it sucks though that the USYD and UTS are on the same day - I would try to go to USYD in the morning and UTS in the afternoon. is that a good idea or would u guys recommend just attending one?

noobsgetowned

HSC
UTS>all

Right in the middle of the city, gg =]

Going UTS Open day ^_^

Just perfect because my trials finish on this wednesday :D

tennille

HSC
ordnaiv said:
yay i'm excited to go...it sucks though that the USYD and UTS are on the same day - I would try to go to USYD in the morning and UTS in the afternoon. is that a good idea or would u guys recommend just attending one?
The reason why they're both on the same day is so that you can go to both. :)

It's only a 10 minute walk.

miss-smexy

HSC
Buiboi said:
everything AMUSES you!
Lol, you amuse me! Are you going to open days? I'm going to USYD in morning then UTS in arvo. go as well buiboi!

Except that USYD doesn't really appeal to me.

who's going to macq open day?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
noobsgetowned said:
UTS>all

Right in the middle of the city, gg =]

Going UTS Open day ^_^

Just perfect because my trials finish on this wednesday :D
UTS is hardly 'in the middle of the city'. It's right at the end of the city. The dodgy southern end, too.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
miss-smexy said:
Lol, you amuse me! Are you going to open days? I'm going to USYD in morning then UTS in arvo. go as well buiboi!

Except that USYD doesn't really appeal to me.

who's going to macq open day?
USYD doesnt really interest me....but what choice do i have...sydney or Wagga Wagga or Orange!:burn:

miss-smexy

HSC
Buiboi said:
USYD doesnt really interest me....but what choice do i have...sydney or Wagga Wagga or Orange!:burn:
You'd suit Orange, you could work up a better tan there =)

so... are you going to any open days?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Buiboi said:
ahah same.

.. pharmacy right o_O"

poppop

HSC
N/A
is usyd and uts close to each other? what bus do i catch to go to usyd from uts? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)