Uni starts tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
hmmmmm

you lucky people....I'm still stuck behind a desk of 3 unit maths as I type this....

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i cant believe im nearly half way thru my time in Canada, it goes so quick. but i must admit im looking forward to getting back in May and not having to do any work until 2nd semester starts

have fun tomorrow or today ... damn time differences

djravine

HSC
Hah my first lecture starts in t minus 110 minutes...i'm dead

monique66

Meh, I start Tuesday. I can't be bothered to go today even though its o-week :p

diplexseeker

HSC
haha, i am doin my course online :rofl:...............holidays for me....:mad1:

:santa:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
9am start for Skittled and I today. Monday's are usually our full-on crappy day, there from 9 - 8 :( But we came home early because half our subjects didnt have the tutes on :D

My property law tutor is awesome, I really like her, so it made it nice going back. The uni looks terrible when its all rainy, it highlights the mess and mud of construction.

HSC
N/A
They were :(

I was waiting for ages this morning at 9:30am. Decided it wasn't worth it and left for my 10am lecture.

CieL

HSC
ARGHHHHH

My first lecture was at E7B.. so I thought I'd be smart and go to the carpark which is in the F area but one lil pathway away from the building.. I went everywhere but couldnt find the damn carpark.. also the road was blocked at the eastern ave because of construction.. all that and I was scared I'll be late.. So I went into the nearest carpark and parked.. (F3).. and omg it was so far away.. I might as well parked at E1..

When I got out of my car.. at that exact moment it started pouring.. and I was like #!@$@#%%#^%^ and attended my first lecture all drenched hahaha

bebe<3

HSC
Can someone please tell me if I need to print out unit outlines and stuff for the first lecture or will they be given out?

And Im going to be there at 10:00am should I expect to find parking or not? lol And can I put a sign on my car saying that Im in the process of getting a parking permit? Is the only place to get one at the student centre... cause I dont want to be in line for like 3 hrs to get a parking permit

Last edited:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
They are printed out, and also given out in tutes in case you didnt attend the lecture. If all else fails, as you know, they are on WebCT.

You'll have to buy an X hour parking ticket - the parking officers refuse to use their discretion in regards to such things. You'll be booked if you havent paid in some form. So, I would suggest getting to uni around 9.30, possibly earlier to ensure yourself a space and give yourself time to pay for a ticket. Generally though you should be fine re: parking any other day up until 11ish I find. Its after then that it gets full and hectic.

HSC
N/A
bebe<3 said:
Can someone please tell me if I need to print out unit outlines and stuff for the first lecture or will they be given out?

And Im going to be there at 10:00am should I expect to find parking or not? lol And can I put a sign on my car saying that Im in the process of getting a parking permit? Is the only place to get one at the student centre... cause I dont want to be in line for like 3 hrs to get a parking permit
1) They should be handed out, if they are going to be stingy and make you print it out they'll say so :p

2) 10:00am might be ok.... although advisable to get there earlier. 10am is like start of peak parking hour.

2) No, a sign won't cut it. You'll have to go to the parking meter like everyone else - if it makes you feel better I'm in the process of trying to get a permit as well.

3) Yes, you have to get it from the SES building. If you want to avoid queues, get there at 9am or earlier.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Just for reference: SES opens at 8.30, but the cashier opens at 9am (however, they usually give in to peer pressure!). And get there earlier than 9am - I was there on Friday at 8.30 and there was already a line of 30ish people, and, by the time I finally got out, the queue extended up the library stairs :(

bebe<3

HSC
glitterfairy said:
1) They should be handed out, if they are going to be stingy and make you print it out they'll say so :p

2) 10:00am might be ok.... although advisable to get there earlier. 10am is like start of peak parking hour.

2) No, a sign won't cut it. You'll have to go to the parking meter like everyone else - if it makes you feel better I'm in the process of trying to get a permit as well.

3) Yes, you have to get it from the SES building. If you want to avoid queues, get there at 9am or earlier.
Thanks for that! :D

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
gees i cant wait to get bak, currently wasting my time at Narita Airport >.<
how come the textlist not out yet?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
they don't put it on the net anymore, you have to line up in the store to check

today was uneventful, how was everyone's day?

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Just for reference: SES opens at 8.30, but the cashier opens at 9am (however, they usually give in to peer pressure!). And get there earlier than 9am - I was there on Friday at 8.30 and there was already a line of 30ish people, and, by the time I finally got out, the queue extended up the library stairs :(
Far out!

Ok, I'm definately rocking up to Uni at 8:30am on Wednesday now... :S I want my parking permit asap!

Laylaz

HSC
Too many lines today. i'll try to go at 8:30 tmrw to get the permit & my student diary-need badly to organise my weekly socials! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)