UNI Timetables (1 Viewer)

etoile rouge

HSC
Hi
Just wondering if students starting USYD this year need to create their own timetable or is it done by the uni. And when do we get our timetable? Some others apparently alrady know.
Also, is anyone else having trouble seeing the USYD- a Quick Guide thread?

funnytomato

HSC
Hi
Just wondering if students starting USYD this year need to create their own timetable or is it done by the uni. And when do we get our timetable? Some others apparently alrady know.
Also, is anyone else having trouble seeing the USYD- a Quick Guide thread?
+1

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Threads before December 2010 are down. They are in the process of being restored.

jet

Banned
HSC
Timetables are created automatically by the timetabling system and you can access them around Mid-february.

There are limited tools for you to change your timetable yourself however timetable changes happen during O-week and first week of semester in Carslaw. Economics and Business students go to a different area to get their timetables changed.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Timetables are created automatically by the timetabling system and you can access them around Mid-february.

There are limited tools for you to change your timetable yourself however timetable changes happen during O-week and first week of semester in Carslaw. Economics and Business students go to a different area to get their timetables changed.
i think you mean Business School students
lewl

jet

Banned
HSC
i think you mean Business School students
lewl
Because the change was only a month ago the timetabling arrangements haven't changed as far as I'm aware. It will be different next year though.

speedofsound

HSC
does this "automatic" timetabling process usually do a decent job of creating a good timetable... like, not having 6 hour gaps between classes, or spreading everything out on 5 different days when it is avoidable...? :\

jet

Banned
HSC
Pretty much. Generally if you have 5 days it's because you can't avoid it.

If say you have to be on two campuses throughout the week, we put measures in place to make sure it doesn't put you on both campuses on the same day without an appropriate break in between.

HSC
for first years, you might get lucky and have 3 days, which is what i had 2 years ago anyway. now it suck balls because im on 5 days.

speedofsound

HSC
Pretty much. Generally if you have 5 days it's because you can't avoid it.

If say you have to be on two campuses throughout the week, we put measures in place to make sure it doesn't put you on both campuses on the same day without an appropriate break in between.
sounds great, thanks :)

funnytomato

HSC

There are limited tools for you to change your timetable yourself however timetable changes happen during O-week and first week of semester in Carslaw.
hm, so how exactly would I get my timetable changed?

rx34

HSC
You go to Jane Foss building, queue up for around an hour (depending on the crowd), and some overworked IT student will manually change it for you.

rx34

HSC
I'm hoping to have 3 days of uni (5 hrs each)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)