Union Board Elections 2007 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: The Official Union Board Elections 2007 Thread

amazerxl said:
and its good u say that radio is there, so it has been implemented by rose from last year.
hahahahahahha the radio wasn't implemented by Rose. Rose was simply president of the society last year. USU has been broadcasting from a while and Richard (Coutts?)has been primarily responsible for it.

i don't know but i find it so easy to counter your arguments. try and be more convincing justin. not enough reception and no one listens is so weird because i know how succesful this idea in american colleges such as boston(my friend rjed and she loved it so much) and i'm sure they'd get a lot of money by advertising like they do from bull. and anyways, thats not his only policy.
That's because everyone lives on campus in US universities. This is why it's cheap to broadcast - you don't need long-distance equipment.

Maintaining a radio station is very expensive. There also practical issues which I have said in my last post. We simply can't get more than about 6 weeks of air time a year. Further to this, not many people even listen to radio anymore. People listen to their ipods. For this reason, podcasts could be an option, but that's a SURG issue, and not a Union issue.

Furthermore, the $99 fee was implemented by the Union Directors, from what I'm aware of. it was a response to VSU and they discussed numerous pricing structures (I was at the staff meeting where (I think) George Livery talked about the directors discussing different pricing approaches)

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

Just some thoughts:

Regarding USU Radio:
I couldn't even listen to USU radio while I was ON main campus when it was broadcasting, there is no possible way that our Union could justify either the expenditure or the resources to broadcasting at ALL during the year, much less 24/7. Who the hell would listen to it? There is not enough demand within the vicinity of the University to justify any sort of advertising investment (and the Union obviously couldn't fund it to this extent) - as a business owner I doubt anybody would consider it a good investment of advertising. The only feasible student radio operation is 2SER (run jointly by Macquarie University and UTS) which costs $900000 to run per year. Perhaps USYD could make a financial/manpower contribution to 2SER or a like community radio station.

Regarding the $5 menu:
I believe the Union should hold a cooking competition (a la IRON CHEF) where competitors are encouraged to create culinary masterpieces that not only cost less than $5 to make, but is also nutritionally great.

Regarding the Access card:
If students could win reward points for using their Access card (and redeeming those points for vouchers at Myer/Woolworths/Caltex etc.), it would be a tangible benefit for students who don't live on campus, AND an incentive to use the Access card.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Is it appropriate for the president of Youth First to send naked photographs of themselves to random underaged girls he meets on the internet?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

stazi said:
Is it appropriate for the president of Youth First to send naked photographs of themselves to random underaged girls he meets on the internet?
HAHAHAHAHA. i love you

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

and Quah, even if such huge companies even agreed to such a scheme, a student would need to spent a fuckload (~$1000) just to get a $10 card, assuming, like i said, such a big company would even agree

stazi

Nightman
HSC

hahahhaha i so want him to run for prime minister and have a great chance. then we could sell those pics, or possibly blackmail him.

quah: run for PM. Please.

is a roflcopter
HSC

haha andrew quah
still crazy?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

Very!

BTW, I'm also FFP candidate for Federal seat of Prospect now.

gerhard

HSC

someone make the markets better

last year there were only like 3 stalls at the markets; dualplover, some zine one and some hippies selling clothing

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Phanatical said:
Very!

BTW, I'm also FFP candidate for Federal seat of Prospect now.
This is the best day of my life. I can't wait to distribute nude images of you at your local polling office.

Ruchir

HSC

gerhard said:
someone make the markets better

last year there were only like 3 stalls at the markets; dualplover, some zine one and some hippies selling clothing
Thats something I seriously want to take up this year. If we can have it has a major stay of the Verge Arts Festival (and also make sure that Verge Arts Festival happens) -- or something similar towards the end of the semesters, that would be awesome! While I'm aware it was Rose's policy last year and that it happened to some extent last year, I don't want to say it for the sake of it; I'll try my best to make it happen this year irrespective of if I get elected(since I sit on Student Programs and Activities Committee).

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC

I got kicked off USU Radio.

Fucking cunts.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

And they told me only the Greens recruited from student politics
The labor party's been doing it for ages, essentially. You head the student union, become some labour party staffer or go off and be awsum on some other union ---> profit.

I got kicked off USU Radio.
Why?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

I'd just like to congratulate Ruchir on his magical chalk, which seems to have somehow magically survived the last few days of rain when noone else's has.

You must tell us your secret! :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

ruchir wear (lol, pun) is my tshirt.

justin you gave me a small but its giant is there anything smaller?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

I can give you an XS, but fuck off if you're not going to be wearing it :/

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

no i will, it just that S is huge on me

why would i wear a ruchir shirt and endorsse that leftist scum

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

jb_nc said:
no i will, it just that S is huge on me

why would i wear a ruchir shirt and endorsse that leftist scum
0435054002, give me a call tomorrow and I'll hook you up with an XS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)