University and HSC result (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Does University find out our HSC results before we do?

wendybird

HSC
I'm not sure about HSC results (as in the HSC Marks/bands etc), but I'm almost certain that universities are made aware of our ATARS before we get the notification (so the can make offers and such)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure about HSC results (as in the HSC Marks/bands etc), but I'm almost certain that universities are made aware of our ATARS before we get the notification (so the can make offers and such)
ohhh thanks wendy.

Aeriff

HSC
I don't think this is the case. I got a letter for the UTS BIT scholarship saying they'll call making offers on the 17th (the day ATARs become available). There's a reason why the main offer round is after ATARs etc - because from what I can gather they don't know them before we do at all. The only offers made before the main round are early entry, postgrad, or any course that has alternate entry requirements other than pure ATAR.

Then again I could be totally wrong...

Edit: totally unrelated, but Sigur Ros ftw. @Wendy

Last edited:

wendybird

HSC
Aeriff, you could very well be perfectly correct! :) :uhhuh:

I was probably overhasty in my reply to Namu, because I based it on something an experienced teach of mine told me awhile ago. But hear-say is no substitute for actual info, so I did some googling,

and well...basically nothing on whether or not the Unis know our ATARS (or UAIs of the past) before we do, so your reasoning based on the Main round offer dates seems pretty reasonable and logical to me.

and on the off topic front, Yes! Sigur Ros ftw! :guitar: You're pretty awesome to recognise their album title in my sig!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ditto.

but on the topic, thanks to everyone! I really hope that uni doesn't know my hsc results before I do ^_^
Who cares - most of us BoSers know your results anyway. 99.95 anyone?

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Universities do not get your HSC results as far as I know, only your ATAR.

They have no need for your results (unless you have something like maths as a prerequisite but I don't even think they do that anymore)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Uni's must get your results at some point, i know i got into wollongong with a conditional early entry offer ( which i ended up rejecting) but i did not quite meet the conditions, and they gave me a call saying that because my marks in IPT and IT were good they would let me in anyway

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They would certainly have to get your results for some subjects as some of them offer entry to courses if you get a lower ATAR with a Band 6 in a specific subject so they would need to know that subject's mark.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hm....that's interesting.

But that would make what they say about Co-op Scholarship fairly redundant for example if the university could just check out what we got in HSC.

HSC
Hey guys....a lil confused... I received an offer for the uni i had in first preference...but i was given it before hsc marks arrived. of course, they come out tomorrow!

i am hoping to obtain a scholarship that i have been offered. is it possible that this is why i received a december round offer, rather than a main round? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)