UNSW 2014 Rollcall (1 Viewer)

a19901213

HSC
3rd year economics

oh god how can I survive from all these Econometrics courses...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My main concern is the extra year at uni, 5 years seems a bit much to me as I wasn't planning on getting a masters (I dont plan that far ahead...) but the option of summer courses reducing it to 4.5 years makes it more tempting.

I'll go with it for the first year as aside from the second year course the rest is pretty similar to the recommended program for ordinary EE.
Delaying decisions :) (good thing I didn't make combined law)
Just see how you go. I'll see you there for first year!

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Re: UNSW 2014ers Rollcall

All maths has purpose :p

Anyway, if those are the majors you're looking at - I don't think they're that mathsy at all, you shouldn't worry too much about the mathsy content. If you're looking at Finance or something, that's... slightly more involved, of course.
A purpose, I understand or somehow has relevance to my everyday life :)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
My main concern is the extra year at uni, 5 years seems a bit much to me as I wasn't planning on getting a masters (I dont plan that far ahead...) but the option of summer courses reducing it to 4.5 years makes it more tempting.

I'll go with it for the first year as aside from the second year course the rest is pretty similar to the recommended program for ordinary EE.
Delaying decisions :) (good thing I didn't make combined law)
5 years isn't long tbh. A lot of my friends finished in 3 years or about to finish their final year of a 4 year degree program and wished they did a 5 year degree instead haha!

Onners

HSC
I'm going into B Aviation (flying).
Pretty keen for o-week.
Anyone else moving from way out of town?

_linaa

HSC
N/A
got into B Commerce / B of Media (PR & Advertising)! :)

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: UNSW 2014ers Rollcall

I gravitating towards a double major. At the moment I stuck between accounting, business law and human resources. I already work at an accounting firm and they were going to start giving me basic accounting work.

To be honest, I want to go into a job that requires a degree of business case type writing. I wish I could do all three!
Randomly jumping into the conversation, sorry 'bout that. :)

Anyway - I'm actually doing a weird double major in Accounting and Human Resources. Neither of them require you to be awesome in Maths. If they did, I wouldn't be taking them, since I'm absolutely horrible at Maths. (Except trigonometry, for some odd reason.)

And since I seem to be one of the few people doing Human Resources at UNSW, let me say that the second year courses are more interesting than the first year courses. To me, anyway. Some people think differently.

wkh

HSC
Got an offer for B Science (Computer Science)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)