UNSW Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Re: UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2015.

Guys guys guys is attendance at math1041 recorded???? Can't find anything in the outline and it's the only lecture I have tmw lol
They do take attendance, it's been updated on the course outline. You must attend.

D94

HSC
N/A

Keep in mind what you're saying here. 2.5hrs there and 2.5hrs back for a 2hr lecture.
If it takes you 2.5 hours one way, then maybe you should consider living closer to uni. Travel time is not always a valid excuse since you were fully aware it would take you that long, long before you even received an offer to go to UNSW.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Keep in mind what you're saying here. 2.5hrs there and 2.5hrs back for a 2hr lecture.
If it takes you 2.5 hours one way, then maybe you should consider living closer to uni. Travel time is not always a valid excuse since you were fully aware it would take you that long, long before you even received an offer to go to UNSW.
I thought you were complain about 2.5 hours travel each day (which is not that bad) but now that I read it properly 5 hours is like overkill, you're spending literally like 1/5 of your day just travelling

but yeah with long travel times you could study on the train or something which is what I do

ebbygoo

HSC

Or because I wanted to go to UNSW and have one course with a bad time?
TBH first pref was usyd and missed by <1. Which would be the closest uni to me on travel.
MACQ and UNSW are essentially the same travel time, and UNSW is much more adept for what I'm doing (neuroscience and commerce, both of which UNSW leave MACQ for dead in).
So yeah, it is sorta a valid excuse. FYI will be transferring to USYD next sem assuming I get the WAM.

*not including UWS in this calculation for the fact it's UWS*

Would love to live on campus but $ don't wanna ask parents for that type of cash and not inclined to work 25+hrs to pay rent. Much prefer to reserve my right to sit here complaining on BoS.

I thought you were complain about 2.5 hours travel each day (which is not that bad) but now that I read it properly 5 hours is like overkill, you're spending literally like 1/5 of your day just travelling

but yeah with long travel times you could study on the train or something which is what I do

Yeah that's the plan, normally it will be fine because tutes/labs fill the day. Its just this week with the one MATHS1041 lecture tmw and then 6-8pm eco on Tuesday aha. Which would mean a 830pm western line train to get back at to my station at like 10pm eek

Last edited:

ebbygoo

HSC

Wait guys...

I had SA and HECS help sem 1 right.
Do I need to do anything now or will it all automatically renew/rollover.

D94

HSC
N/A

Or because I wanted to go to UNSW and have one course with a bad time?

Would love to live on campus but $ don't wanna ask parents for that type of cash and not inclined to work 25+hrs to pay rent. Much prefer to reserve my right to sit here complaining on BoS.
You told SD to 'keep in mind', which everyone can see is you just finding a justification for not going. If you don't want to go, then don't go. It's not as if attendance is some gun to your head. You're an adult, make a decision for yourself - if it's the wrong one, then live with the consequences. You've known for over a month that you would have this lecture at that time, yet you wait until the day before uni starts to ask questions. But sure, exercise your right to complain.

ebbygoo

HSC

You told SD to 'keep in mind', which everyone can see is you just finding a justification for not going. If you don't want to go, then don't go. It's not as if attendance is some gun to your head. You're an adult, make a decision for yourself - if it's the wrong one, then live with the consequences. You've known for over a month that you would have this lecture at that time, yet you wait until the day before uni starts to ask questions. But sure, exercise your right to complain.
Cheers for the lecture.

Who needs MATH1041.

You may have noticed SD and I weren't exactly being serious in our conversation but maybe you didn't either considering its the internet and the internet doesn't do tone.
Either way thanks for your input.

HSC
Uni Grad

Anyway, I'm thinking whether if I should overload or not, seeing as it's a semester 2 only course and I'm not sure if it's worth staying back an extra semester of uni :S

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

Anyway, I'm thinking whether if I should overload or not, seeing as it's a semester 2 only course and I'm not sure if it's worth staying back an extra semester of uni :S
you should ur WAM might suffer but better than staying back another sem

ebbygoo

HSC

Sorta missed math and its definite answers #isthatsadImageUploadedByTapatalk1437970709.810235.jpg

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I always wondered why they didn't put Hamlet into the 2nd year Shakespearean Drama course

it's because they put it in the English Capstone course

well played unsw, well played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)