UNSW chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

Jaabs96

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2016

hey guys!

just wanted opinions for those who have transferred internally for law? what were your wams?

i need reassurance that 78 is enough hahaa, having doubt :/

ebbygoo

HSC

Does anyone know if theres a first year chem (1041) Facebook group, I can't seem to find it if there is.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC

Does anyone know if theres a first year chem (1041) Facebook group, I can't seem to find it if there is.
There use to be one back in like 2013/14 but its probs dead now

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

can try ur luck in the general chem groups (if there is one) or chem socs

Flop21

HSC

It's all kind of not pointless IMO. A lot of the theory they drill into you is useful for interviews.

plebcrusher

HSC
N/A

Because when you're actually coding you have help documentation and Google to aid you. Also, you are able to trial and error your program. The exam doesn't reflect real life circumstances.

leehuan

HSC

Because when you're actually coding you have help documentation and Google to aid you. Also, you are able to trial and error your program. The exam doesn't reflect real life circumstances.
If you're meant to be the better one at coding then shouldn't you be the one knowing how to do everything on the go and not google google google?

Flop21

HSC

In an interview situation you're not allowed to Google either lol.

plebcrusher

HSC
N/A

I Google 1% of the time and help documentation the other 99% when in doubt. Anyway, I just read the rest of the exam. Problem solving questions are fine. It's the multiple choice that was unreasonable. It asked questions that could be quickly checked in the program, such as ‘What is the value of this constant expression? 4 * 3 - -4^2’.

Jaabs96

HSC

Thoughts on the wam minimum for this year ipt for law? Im gonna finish between 77-79. Think it's enough?

packpig123

HSC
N/A

does anyone know what the marking is like for physics exams? Say for projectile i used 5cos instead of 5sin for y direction then theyll just mark that wrong?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

does anyone know what the marking is like for physics exams? Say for projectile i used 5cos instead of 5sin for y direction then theyll just mark that wrong?
That's like putting the wrong equation completely-so I am pretty sure they will mark it wrong.

HSC
Uni Grad

Is this first year physics?

If so I remember that if you did that they'll mark that part wrong but if the rest of the working out was correct for that part then you'll only lose one mark. Then if your answer from previous question was used and if the question was done fully correctly (figures all add up) then it's full marks.

So if you say, screwed up part a), but correct working with using incorrect answer for b) then b) is full marks.

D94

HSC
N/A

Is this first year physics?

If so I remember that if you did that they'll mark that part wrong but if the rest of the working out was correct for that part then you'll only lose one mark. Then if your answer from previous question was used and if the question was done fully correctly (figures all add up) then it's full marks.

So if you say, screwed up part a), but correct working with using incorrect answer for b) then b) is full marks.
They give marks for the correct answer for each part, so even part b would be marked partially incorrect (because it is).

packpig123

HSC
N/A

thanks for the info. 95% sure i failed and i dont think i got enough for a supp exam. do they let you know if you fail before your results come out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)