UNSW Classical music (1 Viewer)

planino

HSC
I can't find any societies that have classical music enthusiasts :/ Is there some sort of group like this? The parties and camps look fun yeah, but attending a nice classical music concert would be nice :) And if my piano abilities get better (Chopin's op64 no2 waltz is still giving me trouble), I'd like to perform at some point :lol:

williamdaft

HSC
I'm definitely in for a Classical Soc.

Chopin, Vivaldi (four seasons so amazing), Mozart, Johann Pachelbel (Canon Rock <3), Rossini, Tchaikovsky, Franz Liszt, Bach.

I would also love to learn some pieces on the acoustic guitar over this holidays :) (inspired by sungha jung)

planino

HSC
Classical Soc FTW!!! One thing that I'd also like is for people to come together and share any neo-classical pieces of music they may have composed. I have a few melodies, but I want to make up a proper piece :chainsaw:

But yeah, neo-classical composers + concert hosting + general blabber about everything classical :)

PS I love all of those composers williamdaft, but I like to blame Canon for the crapload of 4-chord songs out there right now :) I'll admit to having a lot of fun with pop though :/
I like how you mentioned Chopin first, he mah fave.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Classical Soc FTW!!! One thing that I'd also like is for people to come together and share any neo-classical pieces of music they may have composed. I have a few melodies, but I want to make up a proper piece :chainsaw:

But yeah, neo-classical composers + concert hosting + general blabber about everything classical :)

PS I love all of those composers williamdaft, but I like to blame Canon for the crapload of 4-chord songs out there right now :) I'll admit to having a lot of fun with pop though :/
I like how you mentioned Chopin first, he mah fave.
You are the first BOSer to legitimately like classical music enough to start a thread :), *hi 5.

planino

HSC
There was a guy called theism who started a classical music one in the music forum in 2010 :)

qrpw

HSC
Closest thing to it is MuSoc, but it's just music in general and not really classical (they have Open mic nights, maybe a social here and there). SOAP is classical, but it's pretty much just for the orchestra players and wind band, and they have twice yearly concerts.

But yeah I guess nothing for classical music itself :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)