leoyh

mic`
HSC
probably wont be too many considering the course is new and has like 3 sponsors

misdreavous

Counterbalance
HSC
Black Hawker said:
misdreavous, do you know the number of places for the Architectural Studies Co-op program?
Unfortunately not.....but if there's 3 sponsors...there will most likely be 3 places

However, I do know that the new Software Engineering co-op will have 3 sponsors and 3 places...=P

tapriot

HSC
Hi, what sort of UAI would one need to make it into the BIT course?

What are some approximations of UAIs that people in your cohort got?

I'm going to the open day tomorrow, and its definitely one of the courses I want to get to know more about :)

misdreavous

Counterbalance
HSC
The minimum UAI for the BIT is something like 93.7?, so it's not too high. And i know someone who got the minimum UAI required....lol.
So applications close 30/9, hmmm.....if i find time i'll try to post a new thread about BIT soon.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
le-foot said:
when are the interviews notified? I thought it was today?
oop! oop! already?

Wow, that's fast.

When they look at your application, what's the most important factor? Can anyone give some numerical values to it such as:

40% academic
20% leadership/school contribution
20% personality
20% other things

karnage

HSC
le-foot said:
when are the interviews notified? I thought it was today?
from 5pm, you can check it now by logging in on the website.

karnage

HSC
lyounamu said:
When they look at your application, what's the most important factor? Can anyone give some numerical values to it such as:

40% academic
20% leadership/school contribution
20% personality
20% other things
I suppose this could give some sort of indication of what co-op is like since there are the some same industry partners in UTS Co op and UNSW Co op

Will you be applying for actuary coop dude? You're gun at maths

We surveyed our 34 current industry partners, and here are some interesting results:
Q: Imagine that a current High School student said to you that they were hoping to get into the UTS BAcc program and then to work for your organisation upon graduation. What would you say to them about the importance of the following skills and abilities in helping them get a job as a graduate accountant within your organisation?
Responses, in descending rank order:
1. Interpersonal and team-working skills (98% rated these as very important);
2. Communication skills (oral and written) (94% rated these as very important);
3. Ability to learn new skills (88% rated these as very important);
4. Problem solving and analytical skills (82% rated these as very important);
=5. Leadership skills and/or potential (55% rated these as very important, 45% as fairly important);
=5. Numeracy (55% rated these as very important, 45% as fairly important);
7. Academic achievement (24% rated these as very important, 73% as fairly important);
8. Extra-curricular activities (18% rated these as very important, 69% as fairly important).
When we asked what other skills or abilities would be important, one common response was “a good attitude and motivation for the job”.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
HOw many people are offered interviews?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
karnage said:
I suppose this could give some sort of indication of what co-op is like since there are the some same industry partners in UTS Co op and UNSW Co op

Will you be applying for actuary coop dude? You're gun at maths

We surveyed our 34 current industry partners, and here are some interesting results:
Q: Imagine that a current High School student said to you that they were hoping to get into the UTS BAcc program and then to work for your organisation upon graduation. What would you say to them about the importance of the following skills and abilities in helping them get a job as a graduate accountant within your organisation?
Responses, in descending rank order:
1. Interpersonal and team-working skills (98% rated these as very important);
2. Communication skills (oral and written) (94% rated these as very important);
3. Ability to learn new skills (88% rated these as very important);
4. Problem solving and analytical skills (82% rated these as very important);
=5. Leadership skills and/or potential (55% rated these as very important, 45% as fairly important);
=5. Numeracy (55% rated these as very important, 45% as fairly important);
7. Academic achievement (24% rated these as very important, 73% as fairly important);
8. Extra-curricular activities (18% rated these as very important, 69% as fairly important).
When we asked what other skills or abilities would be important, one common response was “a good attitude and motivation for the job”.
Damn, I fail those traits...

Yeah, I am going for Actuarial Co-op Program but I am not entirely sure.

Really appreciate your post, it's highly informative.

proringz

HSC
Interviews are out now everyone so check your email.

I didn't get my first pref, but got BIT and Information Systems and Management. Not sure if it's my type of thing though. Might just go to keep my options open I guess.

Last edited:

baller4life

HSC
i got interview for my first three prefrences

yeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)