UNSW Food Guide (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I just wanted to say the freshly cooked food for order at Southern Wok is alright, although there isn't enough seats for multiple triads.
It's near CLB, secluded underneath a walkway between the cafe and library.

However I am yet to investigate storage temperatures of fast food served at UNSW.
Unsafe ranges are 5 to 60 degrees Celsius, we don't want a food poisoning outbreak.

Linear

HSC
I'd be interested in finding out the temperatures for fast food as well... Is there a Cold Rock anywhere nearby? I think I read something about it in Blitz but I've no idea how to get there

Arwon

HSC
Cold Rock is up at the Spot. Quickest way to reach the Spot is through the hospital. The area also has some quality places for a nice dinner, like Chao Praya for Thai food and Ambrosia for greasy takeout.

Here's a map, the Spot is centred around the roundabout. You can actually get straight there from upper campus via Macgill and then the unnamed road through the hospital.

I miss living there. ):

Linear

HSC
Cold Rock is up at the Spot. Quickest way to reach the Spot is through the hospital. The area also has some quality places for a nice dinner, like Chao Praya for Thai food and Ambrosia for greasy takeout.

Here's a map, the Spot is centred around the roundabout. You can actually get straight there from upper campus via Macgill and then the unnamed road through the hospital.

I miss living there. ):
Ooh, thanks for that^^

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
the asian restuarant near the roundhouse has decent (not great) pho for 7.50

AppleNader

HSC
How far up high street is the Randwick Centre? Im looking for it on google maps, along high street once u pass the uni u come across Prince of Wales hospital, then high street ends. Is Randwick Centre before or after the hospital?

Help a brother out, i wants kfc.. :eek:

Seriously Omo jay, with all this food you eat, I'm surprised you're as vertically stunted as you are. I guess your bad genetics is to blame for you being a Danny Devito type short guy.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Seriously Omo jay, with all this food you eat, I'm surprised you're as vertically stunted as you are. I guess your bad genetics is to blame for you being a Danny Devito type short guy.
hahahahahaha

Uncle

Banned
HSC
the asian restuarant near the roundhouse has decent (not great) pho for 7.50
upstair matthew pavilion, vietnamese sell pho for 7 dolla.
make quick too.
a little smalla like laksa bowl but good pho.
has most what i want, it has beef soup base with slice beef, shallot, rice noodle and i think bean sprout.

No he's not fat I've met Omie Jay the homie.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
GODDAMN.
I wish Southern Wok had more seats.
Was so suss we all sat on a circle on nearby lawn to consume eat-in food.

oh wait.
tables are underseated.
not enough people per table.
bahhahahha fuck.

laksa is my favorite food
I enjoyed drinking all that spicy soup.
Niiiiiiice.

Well, I wasn't really making reference to Devito's weight just his height, in all fairness, I probably did Devito wrong, he's much taller that Omie JAY.

You seen Omie jay irl? lol, is he really the nerdy tool he so desperately tries to be online?he's a midget aint he?
He posts pics of himself see for yourself.
Though Omium is tougher (though he's banned as of now), lol don't fuck with Omium.

enthused

HSC
Upper Campus

5) Random place: There is a store towards the medical end of the the food court that sells muffins, burgers, sandwhiches etc It seems pretty expensive though so i never buy there.

the purple donut looking things in one of the windows look really off putting

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
the purple donut looking things in one of the windows look really off putting
i know, i've seen those too! i think they might be blueberry bagels or something like that? wouldn't catch me eating one of those.

i notice that, apart from the references to southern wok, this food guide is far from comprehensive. no one has reviewed the quality/prices of food for all the other food places that aren't associated with an actual food court. i happen to know there's a little overpriced cafe place near the mechanical engineering building, for instance. discovered quite by accident during one of my 'hmm, i wonder what's down that path?' trips. :) i'm sure plenty of other people already know about it, but how will other first-years know where to go when they want to spend more money than necessary on coffee etc? 'tis a problem.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
all foods at uni are overpriced.

$5 for a cheeseburger at quad.

$5 (i think) gets u a small quarter pounder meal from mickey dee's, WHICH GETS UPSIZED TO MEDIUM FOR FREE.

Last edited:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
i know, i've seen those too! i think they might be blueberry bagels or something like that? wouldn't catch me eating one of those.

i notice that, apart from the references to southern wok, this food guide is far from comprehensive. no one has reviewed the quality/prices of food for all the other food places that aren't associated with an actual food court. i happen to know there's a little overpriced cafe place near the mechanical engineering building, for instance. discovered quite by accident during one of my 'hmm, i wonder what's down that path?' trips. :) i'm sure plenty of other people already know about it, but how will other first-years know where to go when they want to spend more money than necessary on coffee etc? 'tis a problem.
Thats true, its not really comprehensive. I only ever eat Thai food and sometimes Quad burgers.

though if people review particular places, i can put it in the main body.
That was my initial aim, people would make contributions and we'll combine them all.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Thats true, its not really comprehensive. I only ever eat Thai food and sometimes Quad burgers.

though if people review particular places, i can put it in the main body.
That was my initial aim, people would make contributions and we'll combine them all.
I'm sure it was. >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)