UNSW Food Guide (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
really like how the quad was redone, that massive sht in the middle before was the biggest waste of space

Korpenko

HSC
Hi
I'm looking for cheap food. Currently my best option is Subway, 30 cm for 7$45
What would be cheaper ? Something that would be enough for a meal, not the ripoffs triangle sandwiches for 6$
Thanks

Examine

same
HSC
Hi
I'm looking for cheap food. Currently my best option is Subway, 30 cm for 7$45
What would be cheaper ? Something that would be enough for a meal, not the ripoffs triangle sandwiches for 6$
Thanks
Depending on how healthy you want to be you could go for the medium chips at IGA for $4.50. They give a crap tonne of chips so yeah.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend IGA as well. But I can really deal with meals without any meat.

So small chips + 2 Indian shanks = 4.70

You can switch out the shanks for chicken nibbles, 70c each.

Korpenko

HSC
I recommend IGA as well. But I can really deal with meals without any meat.

So small chips + 2 Indian shanks = 4.70

You can switch out the shanks for chicken nibbles, 70c each.
I can deal with a meal without meat but not a meal that hasn't any veggies at all.
Where is IGA ? I might as well go there and see their menu, and if they really don't have veggies then the ketchup will do

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I can deal with a meal without meat but not a meal that hasn't any veggies at all.
Where is IGA ? I might as well go there and see their menu, and if they really don't have veggies then the ketchup will do
IGA is in the corner when you get off the 1st stop on the 891 bus from eddy ave

also its not really a menu, its pretty much the hot food section at your local woolies but have better food

integral95

HSC
Apparently there's a pho place near the round house, but it's closed down, is this true?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Depending on how healthy you want to be you could go for the medium chips at IGA for $4.50. They give a crap tonne of chips so yeah.
Make a sandwich in the morning.

Bring it to uni.

Costs me less than $2 in bulk in terms of raw food.

There is a small shop that sells $3 hot chips (its quite a good price for the amount you get) at Central when you enter from the other road (not eddy avenue). But that's only for the trip back home though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Apparently there's a pho place near the round house, but it's closed down, is this true?
Yes. Unfortunately.

Same shop - pretty much - is in the Mathews Arcades on the top level, outside the Mathews Building.

Bring it to uni.

There is a small shop that sells $3 hot chips (its quite a good price for the amount you get) at Central when you enter from the other road (not eddy avenue). But that's only for the trip back home though.
If that's that fast food shop nearest to Eddy Avenue with the chairs and stuff out there, that place is dodgy I heard. Friend of mine got... sick eating their stuff.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yes. Unfortunately.

Same shop - pretty much - is in the Mathews Arcades on the top level, outside the Mathews Building.

If that's that fast food shop nearest to Eddy Avenue with the chairs and stuff out there, that place is dodgy I heard. Friend of mine got... sick eating their stuff.
No not that side.

The other side where the 890 does the massive U-turn before letting people off.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Bring it to uni.

I absolutely agree with this, it is quite strange that I never have realised how good a home made sandwich taste until now... (maybe I am picky or maybe university food is just not what I had expected it to be).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm an advocate, personally, of bringing food from home and reheating it in microwaves on campus.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I absolutely agree with this, it is quite strange that I never have realised how good a home made sandwich taste until now... (maybe I am picky or maybe university food is just not what I had expected it to be).
After a week or so of eating just one sandwich at uni, I've finally been able to cut my food intake to 3 small meals a day.

I'm an advocate, personally, of bringing food from home and reheating it in microwaves on campus.
That's another good option too.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Really? Do I ask around where the microwaves are? Would it make me look stupid?
You should go to CONTACT, half-way up the Basser Steps, and they'll tell you exactly where they are. With no judgemental-ness :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)