UNSW info day (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Why are both USYD and UNSW on the SAME DAY and SAME TIME? Is that how it is every year?

Now I don't know which uni to go to..
its because they want to get as many people on their side as possible, have both on the same day means people will have to choose which uni info day to go to, unless they go to both, thats my best bet.

NewiJapper

HSC
I'd go to the open day at UNSW or USYD, but it's a two hour train ride away...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Dammit, I'm sorry Kralex - I keep forgetting that I'm finished with school <_<

My bad. /me bangs his head against the wall

twistedrebel

HSC
Why are both USYD and UNSW on the SAME DAY and SAME TIME? Is that how it is every year?

Now I don't know which uni to go to..
Because universities just opened today, and UAC preferences close on the 6th. Also make it easier for people traveling from places like newcastle, Wollongong, interstate? Spending the entire day at the university aint needed.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
whats the difference between an open day and info day?

muzeikchun852

HSC
whats the difference between an open day and info day?
in open day, the universities' aim is to persuade students to choose their universe for next 3-5 years, so there are a lot of activities that u can try and a lot more freebies [ i think personally ]. in info day, the universities' aim is to let u ask any questions that u might have. although both days are events to promote the universities, the open day is much bigger than the info day.

Last edited:

umz93

HSC
Hey did any of you guys see me there, i was the guy with the jeans and brown Nike t-shirt.

Gori

HSC
What did you guys think of the info day ?

If you wen't to both USYD and UNSW did one of them win you over?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I went to UNSW's only. It was very nice overall, I got a nice impression from it - that people were friendlier, heck I even made a friend. That is, someone who I can say 'Hi!' to during O Week.

Though I went to Sydney Open Day and I assume it was the same thing due to the lecture and activities list.

For me, UNSW. It's more homely and personable - methinks, unlike Sydney which is actually to me, quite distant and cold from my impressions.

HSC
Uni Grad
I went to UNSW info day, wanted to go to USYD open day but friends cbfed....
apparently it wasn't too bad, not many people but still worthwhile as i got to ask questions about particular courses anyway :p

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
^ i went to the usyd one for a bit after the unsw lectures, i didnt like the usyd ones.

imo unsw was much more hospitable

Gori

HSC
I missed out on the lectures because I went to USYD first thinking that I wouldn't stay there long. I was wrong though. Went to UNSW at around 2 so I could just ask around about courses.

Did anyone go to the Medicine people at UNSW? They were so friendly, i struck up a conversation with them for around an hour.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I didn't talk to the Medicine people... I saw them, but I didn't talk to them. I talked to the Science people - they were... okay. One was quite friendly, the other one was somewhat distant but friendly enough.

1titanic

HSC
I missed out on the lectures because I went to USYD first thinking that I wouldn't stay there long. I was wrong though. Went to UNSW at around 2 so I could just ask around about courses.

Did anyone go to the Medicine people at UNSW? They were so friendly, i struck up a conversation with them for around an hour.
There were Medicine people at UNSW? I went to the lecture though the 1:30 p.m did you went there Gori?

Last edited:

Gori

HSC
There were Medicine people at UNSW? I went to the lecture though the 1:30 p.m did you went there Gori?
Yeah there were medicine people there in the Scientia Building with the other courses. Unfortunately no I didn't make any of the lectures because the UNSW Express Bus didn't let one of my mates get in so I had to wait. I got there around 2 :(

Was the medicine lecture any good? I did want to go!

1titanic

HSC
Yeah there were medicine people there in the Scientia Building with the other courses. Unfortunately no I didn't make any of the lectures because the UNSW Express Bus didn't let one of my mates get in so I had to wait. I got there around 2 :(

Was the medicine lecture any good? I did want to go!
Oh damn >< I didn't know where was the Scienta building and I was stupid not to ask. Ummmm kind of, well I know it's very competitive from what the lecturer had said.
I think he mentioned that there are limited amount of people they take and it's hard work.

Gori

HSC
Oh damn >< I didn't know where was the Scienta building and I was stupid not to ask. Ummmm kind of, well I know it's very competitive from what the lecturer had said.
I think he mentioned that there are limited amount of people they take and it's hard work.
There was a building behind the sausage sizzle where all the UNSW people had information on courses. You probably walked passed it then ay.

Yeah definitely competitive! Are you set on med? I'm still a lost soul ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)