UNSW Med application (1 Viewer)

animeiswild

HSC
There is a section in the application which is labelled "optional closing statement (anything else you want to add?)" and I had no idea what to write for it and I didn't have anything additional to say since it asked many questions which already allowed me to say what I wanted to say so I just left it blank. But people tell me that they put wrote some stuff in it like motivation, etc (which was already a question in the application). So what I wanted to ask was is that section actually important? Will it affect how my application will look?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
they dont even look the application until you actually get an interview based on ur umat/predicted atar.

animeiswild

HSC
they dont even look the application until you actually get an interview based on ur umat/predicted atar.
So supposing that I had miraculous luck to get past those two obstacles, will it still affect my app?

Alkanes

HSC
I don't think so. The only thing they use your application is to use it as a base for them to ask you questions at the interview. Don't worry too much.

Zeroes

HSC
How much detail is needed for the responses? Like do you need to say why the two subjects were your most/least favourite and describe the work you've done etc or just list it?

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
the main reason you do it is that if you get called for an interview they may check up on it to see if you are being consistent. I.e. to see if your motivation for studying medicine you wrote on the application matches the motivation you mention in the interview. Otherwise, as far as i know, what you write on the application isn't really a massive part in the decision process.

nucgaek

HSC
For the contact person, how likely are they to contact them? And what kinda stuff would they ask? It seems it will be the "how do you know them, what qualities do you think they have..." type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)