UNSW Open Day 2015 (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Hi everyone.

So UNSW Open Day is just around the corner. Its a really good day to get you keen towards what you want to study at university.

The Open Day is on Saturday the 5th of September 2015.

From personal experience, if you take advantage of this day you will end up happier. Back when I was in year 12 I went to Open Day and took advantage of open day and it really gave me a depth of knowledge on what I wanted to do in university and where it could lead me beyond university for my future career later on.

As I have said before, Open Day back then gave me the most informed decision as to what I really wanted to do. I highly recommend high school students going to really see what they want to do. I also recommend that following around your friends with completely different interests is something that you absolutely do not want to do. The last thing you want is to end up knowing what your friends are going to do but have no clue what you are going to do.

I would recommend registering for events on the site below and planning your day ahead of time to make the most of your opportunity to really get a grip on where you want to go after high school.

https://www.futurestudents.unsw.edu.au/open-day

From memory, I went to about 6 different engineering talks on the day and I ended up leaving UNSW with a firm impression of which stream of engineering I wanted to do. In the end that was my decision and I am glad it was as I am so happy with my choice and if it were not for Open Day, I may have ended up doing something else which would have not really been a good idea.

Also, I recommend doing thorough research before you go to Open Day to have a good idea of what you want to do and how to make the most of the day, while also allowing yourself to gain insight into where you want to end up.

Thorough research also includes preparing to ask questions!!! I can not stress how much of an advantage you will be at if you can prepare questions to ask on the day and get them answered by a number of people. As an example, if you are unsure of what you would like to do out of a few particular options, it would be wise to ask "Where can this degree take me after I graduate?", "What types of jobs can I get with this qualification?", "How does this program differ from studying other programs?" or "What advantages does this program give me to obtain a certain dream job such as ...".

As for travel, if you go in the morning at around 8 am to 11 am, there should be a few people at Central on Eddy Avenue after you cross the road who will be in yellow shirts to guide you to uni and will give out booklets for the day's plan and what talks are on, what events are on, etc. They will also let you know to catch the 891 bus from Stand D of the bus stops and you should be able to find your way to UNSW easily.

As for where buildings are, look on a UNSW map to see where the building is, and you should be able to find your way to different lecture theatres from there.

Also, post any enquiries you have regarding Open Day here and Best of Luck for your endeavours :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Freebies are scattered everywhere around campus with different promotional ideas, so without a doubt you should be able to get quite a few freebies b(^_^)d

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
are they gonna give out the free condoms again

Flop21

HSC
I'm really excited, looks awesome.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
ive never been to an uni open day, what freebies are usually offered? is there free food by any chance (not jellybeans)

astroman

HSC
ive never been to an uni open day, what freebies are usually offered? is there free food by any chance (not jellybeans)
pens, notepads, bags with paper in them, lollies, t-shirts, and other cool things like yo-yo's and stuff like that.

Flop21

HSC
pens, notepads, bags with paper in them, lollies, t-shirts, and other cool things like yo-yo's and stuff like that.
I want a t-shirt and notepad and lollies. Where do you get this stuff? Just random booths?

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly the freebie amounts are becoming less and less nowadays.

I remember when I first went to UNSW open day in 2009, they were giving out cans of V and redbull like it was toilet paper. The year after I went again and they didn't give anything much away. Then went again in 2011 and still nothing much anyway, but a bit less than the year before.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Honestly the freebie amounts are becoming less and less nowadays.

I remember when I first went to UNSW open day in 2009, they were giving out cans of V and redbull like it was toilet paper. The year after I went again and they didn't give anything much away. Then went again in 2011 and still nothing much anyway, but a bit less than the year before.
o week- they hand out oak milk like crazy. The chilli one tasted like shit

sourmilk

HSC
I went there last year and I got free fairy floss and free popcorn from a machine (but you had to like the engineering fac. fb page) also there were free lipton ice tea soda drinks

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I got a free internship from a big 4 by winning the jelly bean guessing comp

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
tbh when i went to unsw open day in 2013 i only remember meeting timstar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)