UNSW or Usyd (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Yeah, but it's also about the competitive environment and pushing yourself to do better. If I'm at USYD or UNSW I'm studying with the best, yes in the end it's about getting real world experience but I'd rather get into a law program that gives me top of the line stuff before I leave. It's why I don't want to do it here. Also, I'm white as fuck, I'd get stabbed in Western Sydney.

XzeroX

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't even fucking mention a 3rd rate "university" like Unsw. Usyd all the way.

USYD No.1

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
All of us have capabilities. I know I won't get 99.7 and a lot of people won't get it either. So to put me in a position when you're even suggesting I have 99.7 is bizarre in itself. I want to study law, I won't get be able to do it at UNSW or USYD unless I do a transfer which is way too competitive. Being optimistic is good but that's stretching it. I don't want to do it at Notre Dame or whatever, I know heaps of people (including relatives) who've graduated from UWS law and found jobs fairly quickly after graduating. Prestige has little influence and is a little factor when it comes to employment. You can argue that it's the most important thing in the world and that doesn't matter. At the end of the day I know what's I want to be and I know how I'm going to do it.
'Care
Have you considered doing Law at Macquarie?

Cl324

HSC
N/A
All of us have capabilities. I know I won't get 99.7 and a lot of people won't get it either. So to put me in a position when you're even suggesting I have 99.7 is bizarre in itself. I want to study law, I won't get be able to do it at UNSW or USYD unless I do a transfer which is way too competitive. Being optimistic is good but that's stretching it. I don't want to do it at Notre Dame or whatever, I know heaps of people (including relatives) who've graduated from UWS law and found jobs fairly quickly after graduating. Prestige has little influence and is a little factor when it comes to employment. You can argue that it's the most important thing in the world and that doesn't matter. At the end of the day I know what's I want to be and I know how I'm going to do it.
'Care
Sorry, I was just asking a hypothetical. If you think I asked in a bizarre or condescending way by placing you in an uncomfortable situation, I apologise.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Go with USyd (I'm probably a bit biased there). lol

But UNSW might be harder to transfer into externally, because they guarantee at least 100 internal transfers after the 1st year into Combined Law (it will be more if more get over 75 and apply)

Also depends where you live. For me, to get to USyd it takes about an hour. To get to UNSW, it'd take me probably take me a good 45 minutes extra.

Whatever decision you make, both are extremely good, so don't fuss about one or the either, just put the one you want the most as no 1 on your UAC list and the other as 2nd.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I love how you reply to my post and obviously missed the fact I'm going to be staying on campus.

But USYD is ranked higher for law and UNSW has a higher ranked business school so I don't know.

M

MichelleV

It's rare to find somebody sincerely saying "When I grow up, I want to study at UWS".

Usually it's eithr USYD or UNSW first (for people living within metro area)
Hahaha, they were the only 2 unis I ruled out going to.
No spending my entire life travelling on a bus t_t

izzy88

HSC
In the end I don't think you'll find much difference between law/business at USYD/unsw. There is no difference in career prospects etc.

My advice would be to go down to Sydney and take a look at both campuses. Check them out, and the colleges. In terms of colleges I don't know much at all about unsw however I do know they are knocking down 3 colleges and putting 7 in their place (eg. Building more accomodation -my numbers mat be off I don't know details only what I've heard briefly from relatives there). However I don't know the timing - I would think while the building are being built there might be a bit of a squeeze on accomodation places, so perhaps check out the logistics of what's going on there and when you would be moving.

twistedrebel

HSC
yeah knocking colleges down is true. There going to build more, UNSW is building more accom so more people come to it over sydney. Seriously so much accom on campus and decently priced at some colleges.

hey acorn there isnt any fat chicks at unsw due to the stairs, so might want to avoid it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha, they were the only 2 unis I ruled out going to.
No spending my entire life travelling on a bus t_t
The only reason I considered UWS is because it's a 20 minute drive away and I have to drive past it to get to the station to go to USyd, but like, it's shit.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
you can afford both?

Then choose what university campus you like more and the student life there

Personally I'd go for UNSW because the student union and university relationship isn't the fucking worst thing on the planet (lol Student Amenities Fee and still have $70 union joining fee PLUS having to pay to join societies) and the bars are both pretty good. Also less retarded commies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)