UNSW or USYD (1 Viewer)

Panda4321

HSC
Hello people
Well i just finished my HSC and got an ATAR 92.20. Now i need to choose a university but i'm not sure wether it should be UNSW or USYD. I've heard UNSW is better but i'm not sure.....
(No bias please)

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
UNSW is the best

choose it for all your university needs and you'll be happier

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
What do you want to study?

What do you want to get out of the program?

What do you want to get out of your university life?

Have you visited each uni?

Both are good for different reasons. We can answer if we gauge more of what you are looking for overall from the uni.

Panda4321

HSC

Both are good for different reasons. We can answer if we gauge more of what you are looking for overall from the uni.
I want to do engineering though i'm not really sure which one so i'm currently planning on doing flexible first year. I've been to both of the unis and i believe university life in both the unis can't be too different. But whati don't understand is what edge would i gain in regards to industrial connections/job opportunities if i am in usyd or unsw. I am basically asking why choose unsw over usyd and vice versa

Last edited:

Panda4321

HSC

I want to do engineering though i'm really sure which one so i'm currently planning to do flexible first year. I've been to both of the unis and i believe university life in both the unis can't be too different. But what don't understand is what edge would gain if i gain in regards to industrial connections/job opportunities if i am in usyd or unsw.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I want to do engineering though i'm not really sure which one so i'm currently planning on doing flexible first year. I've been to both of the unis and i believe university life in both the unis can't be too different. But whati don't understand is what edge would i gain in regards to industrial connections/job opportunities if i am in usyd or unsw. I am basically asking why choose unsw over usyd and vice versa
LOLOLOLOLOL

unsw engineering life is a LOT better than usyd engineering life

for instance, you don't have to pay like $100 to start to join uni societies, meanwhile at unsw it's free

and unsw has weekly bbqs for engineering plus there's like a billion other societies to join

Ikki

HSC
I can't speak for usyd, but there is a reason there's so much hype around UNSW engineering. Like my fellow students have said above, we have weekly barbecues, our students are coming out with awesome innovation and competing at the highest level (solar cars) and achieving awesome results (hackathons, robotics) - Pretty sure we've been 1st in both for a fair bit. I reckon UNSW has the cream of the crop, like there are some really scary people in our uni... We also have a much higher employment rate, straight out of uni than other unis (soz I saw this stat a while back, if u can pls verify).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)